PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday morning. How do you feel?

Reborn
03-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Wow! I've had a wonderful weekend basking in the joy of that sweet victory against Westen Kentucky. The feeling of making it to the Sweet 16 is just something so very specal. It's the goal of all the teams in the tournament I am sure. I to have been one of the special 16 teams is just so honorable to me. I love the game, as do we all. And I just know how hard it is to get to the Sweet 16. Unbelievably hard. I just need to congratulate the team, man. You guys are awesome.

This has been a challenging year for sure, with many up and downs it's been kind of a roller-coaster ride. Luckily, our tailspin after a great start happened early enough in the season for the guys and coaches to straighten it out and get the team focused and learning to play the way a team must play in order to get to the Sweet 16.

As difficult as it may be to believe that we can beat Carolina, I feel confident this morning. I am more confident in this team right now then I have been all year. I think Meech's game winning thriller creates the kind of faith that it will take to bring down the Tarheels. There has been a huge load of doubt surrounding this team this year in every level and every corner. I think Meech's shot has erased most of it. Obviously not all of it (listen to Hubert Davis and Digger Phelps). It's odd really, but I feel more confident going into the UNC game then I did going into last weekend. Most of the year, an overwhelming majority of Zag fans have believed in this team this year. I think that feeling has returned, and it's returned in a stronger way because I think the team is spiritually stronger as a result of having to overcome a lot of negativity and doubt this year. But they have succeeded.

A little glow from that WKU game remains, but I'm beginning to now foucus my thoughts on North Carolina. And I like the kind of thoughts and feelings I am getting just for having this opportunity to play them, and see what happens. It's going to be a great game.

Robzagnut
03-23-2009, 08:36 AM
with apologies to Irving Berlin:

Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When GU is out dancing in the Sweet 16

johnwzag
03-23-2009, 08:38 AM
I feel good Reborn. Confident in that our team will do their very best no matter the outcome.

ZagLawGrad
03-23-2009, 08:51 AM
I feel like suiting up---maybe get to wear the Black unis?

zagsmyboys
03-23-2009, 08:54 AM
I am just soooo happy that we made the sweet 16. Their are allot of people out there that doubt our zags. As far as Im concerned, the game Friday is going to be a good one!! The ZAGS have heart!!;)

jazzdelmar
03-23-2009, 08:57 AM
i am very confident, heres why...

1. matchups vs NC are good for GU, esp our wings...but dayes gotta show up strong

2. resurgence of pargo and downs

3. gray is due for a 7-10 mendez kinda game

4. GU beat essentially beat this team (plus pro B wright) 2 yrs ago

5. karma

6. the last SS game, main attraction, featured event.......GU always delivers drama (tho not alwys a win...lol

7. just because

bballbeachbum
03-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Thank you Zags!

and that we're good, with a confidence earned, and a belief that is real

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

Reborn
03-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Your post reminded me of something, Jazz. Goodson's runner off the backboard brought back Memories of Blake Stepp in the second round, and essentially erased that bad memory. I'm hoping that the game against UNC will erase the bad memory with the '06 team against UCLA. From the beginning of this season, I've felt that the theme for this years team is "redemption." On a few levels. I also feel that the Western Kentucky win, not only erased the Stepp memory against Arizona (And Arizona is in the sweet 16), but it erases the Davidson, Cury, memory for me. Through most of that game I kept thinking about Stephon Cury and his Davidson team last year. Westen Kentucky was certainly a hot team with upset written all over it by beating Illinois in the first round. The had an awesome point guard who's a great player, and another kid who can shoot lights out. The final play that beat us against Davidson came off a rebound that Pargo couldn't get to and Lovedale did get, and through it to Cury for the shot in the last minute that put that game out of reach. Westen Kentucky ties this game on a missed rebound by Daye. But not this year. This is not last year, and this is a very, very different Zag team now.

It would be nice to have that UCLA game erased, and not see Adam on the floor after the game, but Hansbrough.

CodeCobalt
03-23-2009, 09:26 AM
unfortunately for my girlfriend and life outside of college hoops I am still spending 90% of my free time reading every article I can find, examining every spec I can..... I just can't stop looking, waiting to find something new.

Its going to be an exciting game and surprisingly enough friday is coming rather quick thus far....

Anyone else a little peeved about Obama giving UNC a pep talk, particularly about beating the zags? bah!!!

zagsfan21
03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Today, I feel confident, but not overconfident. It's an interesting feeling, since I was more worried than optimistic about the WKU game.

I think the Zags are about to begin an epic run. I want to party (at least) like it's 1999.