PDA

View Full Version : Arizona: Remember when?

BSUBronco74
03-22-2009, 07:00 PM
what was the year when they came into the tournament as the last team in from the Pac10 (5th place), then proceeded to knock off three #1 seeds and win the whole thing? Not that long ago, but the exact year escapes me. Help me out on this one.

This year, they got the horses again, so don't rule them out. Jordan Hill is going to be the difference if they advance to E8 for F4. The rest of the PAC-10 has now bowed out, although they put up a decent fight. Funny that the so-called "bubble" team from the PAC-10 is now the one advancing.

Great ball was played today. Close games, several were down to the last possession, as Zags did last night. I love this game, and I like GU chances against the Heels on Friday.

sullyzag66
03-22-2009, 07:03 PM
And Jay Bilas continues to say that just because a team does well in the tournament doesn't justify their being there.

UberZagFan
03-22-2009, 07:17 PM
1997. AZ beat Kansas, UNC, and then Kentucky in OT. They were a 4 seed that year. They had Miles Simon, Mike Bibby, and Jason Terry. Good team that had some struggles during the season but became great during the tourney.

UberZagFan
03-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh yeah, and Michael Dickerson was on that squad. His cousin plays for Federal Way high school, who just won the state championship.

BTW, AZ wasn't the last team in that year--and one last thing, Uber picked them to win it all. :D