PDA

View Full Version : Great Ahern Article

Zag4Hire
03-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Everything is still buzzing, kinda like the morning after you won a lot of money at the tables and you keep telling yourself it was a dream. You look for confirmation by just reaching into your jeans and finding a wad of 100s. Kinda like now. I needed to go online and watch the last play again. And again. And again. I guess I never really grasped how close GU was to defeat because I never felt despair. In my heart of hearts, I knew GU would win. Gonzaga played great but WKU probably played the best basketball game that school has ever played. I think WKU would have beat anybody else that night but Gonzaga was flat out magical. Bravo to both schools.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=Am36KQNx3NjM5MWf7rWGDDnevbYF?slug=ga-southcolumn032109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ZagNative
03-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Fun read! Thanks!

Reborn
03-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Everything is still buzzing, kinda like the morning after you won a lot of money at the tables and you keep telling yourself it was a dream. You look for confirmation by just reaching into your jeans and finding a wad of 100s. Kinda like now. I needed to go online and watch the last play again. And again. And again. I guess I never really grasped how close GU was to defeat because I never felt despair. In my heart of hearts, I knew GU would win. Gonzaga played great but WKU probably played the best basketball game that school has ever played. I think WKU would have beat anybody else that night but Gonzaga was flat out magical. Bravo to both schools.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=Am36KQNx3NjM5MWf7rWGDDnevbYF?slug=ga-southcolumn032109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Great post Zag4Hire: The game has to right up there with the greatest games of the tournment so far. That shot definately at the top, and will be shown throughout the tournament and will be shown again as the tournament ends and the song "one shining moments" once again brings tears to our eyes. And, you know what gets me? Is the Zags received nothing but criticism on ESPN after the game. Neither Phelps or Davis could find it in their heart to say anything good about the Zags, nor about how great of a game it was. That game was a classic. One for the ages. It was not a 50 point slugfest (I'm sure some fans love those games, but I'm not one of them). This was basketball at it's best to me...two teams playing their best game, giving their best effort, for one shining moment. I'll take this game any day before any of the others. Valdez-Mendez was someone special to watch, and so was Slaughter. Talk about great performances. Yet, as good as they were, ours was a hair better. Pargo had his all-time performance I thought. Bouldin too. And what can be said about Meech? A little pint-size sub, with a heart of a giant, stole the show in a 9 second stretch of time that will now be immortalized in the sports world, and for sure in Zagdom. Talk about a giant killer.

krozman
03-22-2009, 08:35 AM
the Zags received nothing but criticism on ESPN after the game. Neither Phelps or Davis could find it in their heart to say anything good about the Zags, nor about how great of a game it was. .

I think the disrespect from ESPN was that WKU beat themselves, not GU beating WKU.

Western Kentucky was a giant killer. A GIANT KILLER WHO CAN'T MAKE A FREE THROW. That was the game IMO. I feel bad for WKU, because of what could have been. It's one thing to lose. It's another to lose for such a simple thing. (losing UCLA style was what almost was for the zags too, whew!)

bballbeachbum
03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
when the heads criticize us, I know we're doing something right. when they praise us, I smell a rat.

pre-season, they're all on our bandwagon, talking us up without us having earned anything...bs praise, smoke blowers, rats...driving us up to a cliff to push us over...which is what they and many others did.

This is not a new big boy tactic...old school big boy stuff this is. But I digress.

Now, after we earn praise with a thrilling, high drama victory, nothing from them but poop. We must have done something very right, I tell you.

Reveals what's going on behind the curtain...again.

The big boys really can't stand us. How can we be doing this without the support of the big machine? which is what they understand.

So Sweet.

Thanks for the read Zag4Hire!

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!