PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs University of North Carolina

Reborn
03-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Does it get any better than this? I am so happy tonight. We're heading to Memphis...We're in the SWEET 16!!! I have been calming down and listening to ESPN, and I'm SO happy that we are not given a chance in Hell to beat North Carolina. And it's exactly what we need to hear to motivate us and get us fired up.

I think this is a dream matchup for us. What greater thrill then getting to play what is probably the BEST college basketball program in the USA. WE are now back where we feel comfortable, the team who doesn't stand a chance. That is sweet music to my ears. Heytvelt against Hansbrough; Pargo against Lawson, Bouldin against Ellington, Micah against Green. Gray against Frazier. Austin against Davis.

Gonzaga just survived one tough game. Talk about guts. I don't care what people say about the game. We survived a game where a team just simply shot the eyes out of the basket. We survived a game that probably many many people believed that we'd lose. I don't I DIDN'T. Not for one second. I focused on the word BELIEVE. I was trying to figure out how the Hilltoppers beat Louisville? I think I saw the answer tonight. People can think what they want. Especially the pragnosticators on ESPN. Seth Davis said that all of the favored teams would win today accept Gonzaga. Keep hating on us. We love it. When the brackets came out last Sunday, I truly believed that if the Zags are to advance past the Sweet 16 that this path in the South Region was the one to be on. I really look forward to going back to Memphis.

I remember that initially I wanted LSU to beat Carolina, but then something inside me said that "No. Playing Carolina is the game you want. We NEED to play the top seed in our bracket, and perhaps the best team in the country right now, after this truly amazing victory we had tonight. Carolina had a vry good win as well, and they got challenged pretty hard today too. But I believe that the Zags are better than LSU. And one thing we have all heard many times. ALL A TEAM NEEDS TO DO IS GET TO THE SWEET 16 AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. We got there baby. We got there, baby. Wow!! And now anything can happen.:)

DoMieD
03-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Good post buddy!

Zagger
03-22-2009, 05:20 AM
11/22/06 - Heytvelt gave Hansbrough fits.... Here's the story on the Zag win over UNC in 2006. Zags were rated 23 at the time and UNC was rated 2. It is a little closer this year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=263260153

March Madness! We can do it again! GO ZAGS!

CarolinaZagFan
03-22-2009, 08:05 AM
As a lifelong UNC hater and a Gonzaga fan since 8th grade, this is my dream matchup!!! Their fans are absolutely ridiculous, you don't understand. They're all talking now about how Heytvelt got the a free pass on drug charges that no one in America would have gotten and a program with class wouldn't let a "thug" like that play. My momma always told me not to hate anyone, but I really, really, really dislike UNC fans. I would give up a kidney to win this game :D

RenoZag
03-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Their fans are absolutely ridiculous, you don't understand. They're all talking now about how Heytvelt got the a free pass on drug charges that no one in America would have gotten and a program with class wouldn't let a "thug" like that play. My momma always told me not to hate anyone, but I really, really, really dislike UNC fans.

I do understand: There's absolutely no difference between Duke or UNC or their fans. They like to think each program is unique and special and sets the standard all other hoops programs should be measured by. In reality, they're just two southeastern U.S. universities with good basketball teams. Is their rivalry good for college hoops ? Probably. Does anyone outside of the ACC give a hoot ? Nope.

Go Zags !

77Zag
03-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Has the time been set as yet ?? -- I'm salivating for the game already. A chance to take down the almighty UNC. Very doable, because the Zags have no chance. :D

Wow, what a finish vs WKU -- still in a cloud over the final minutes.

Go Zags!!