PDA

View Full Version : Puget Sound Area Zags

Angelo Roncalli
03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
There are 15 very talented young ladies who request the honor of your presence at Bank of America Arena at on Monday at 6:30 PM.

Time to make history.

It's your chance to be a part of it and make BOA a homecourt for the Zags.

With a 6:30 start time, you'll have enough time to get home after the game and watch most of Mills v. Curry (which begins at 8:30).

rawkmandale
03-21-2009, 10:39 PM
It's history folks. Be there.

Nevtelen
03-21-2009, 11:06 PM
There are 15 very talented young ladies who request the honor of your presence at Bank of America Arena at on Monday at 6:30 PM.

No WCC team has ever made it to the NCAA Sweet 16.

Time to make history.

It's your chance to be a part of it and make BOA a homecourt for the Zags.

With a 6:30 start time, you'll have enough time to get home after the game and watch most of Mills v. Curry (which begins at 8:30).

Unlike the men's tourney, can you just show up there and get a ticket? Does anyone know how much they are? Certainly wasn't full today, so I'm just wondering.

BobZag
03-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Unlike the men's tourney, can you just show up there and get a ticket? Does anyone know how much they are? Certainly wasn't full today, so I'm just wondering.

Sure can. Plenty of tix remain, too.

Zag365
03-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Adults are $18; high school age kids are $12. I went yesterday with one of my daughters. We arrived about 20 minutes before gametime and purchased tickets at the front booth. Parking is $12 in the south lot; $6 in the north lot (about a 10 minute walk to the arena).

Very Zag-friendly atmosphere; no UW trashtalk. We asked the gal in the ticketbooth, who was very friendly, to put us in the "Gonzaga" section -- which I don't think officially exists except for those with allotted tix from GU. She put us in a section with mostly other Zag fans. Very customer-oriented. We ended up sitting next to Vivian Frieson's sister (her parents got court-side seats).

Hec Ed was about 30% full (although the announced attendance in today's paper was something like 2800 -- which seems a bit low; felt more like 4000). The lower stands were pretty full. The upper level seats on either side of center court seats were pretty full going up about 15 rows and the uppler level seats at either end of the court were full going up about 6 or 7 rows.

Crowd was about 70% pro-Zags -- about half of which were cheering loudly, the other half giving polite applause and an occasional cheer. GU has a small pep band and girls' dance team, along with a Spike mascot. A few signs; lots of Zag gear. Good atmosphere.

First time I've seen the team in person. Very balanced and plays similar style to the men's team. Heather Bowman was awesome -- took 30+ minutes of physical punishment from Xavier's star center (T. Smith), who was much bigger and couple inches taller. Bowman, who must have been channeling Brockman's ghost, held her own (and nearly outscored Smith). The guards Frieson and Vandersloot ran the show and controlled the tempo. They were much quicker on D than the Xavier guards (causing at least two shotclock violations), and much better at ball-handling, passing, rebounding, and jumpshooting than XU.

All-in-all it was exhilarating to be part of the Zags first-ever NCAA win on the women's side (the old #12/#5 upset!), especially after we all tore ourselves away from coaching the men's team via our car radios as they were letting a narrow lead slip away, only to learn from our Blackberries a few minutes later that Meech hit a short runner after going coast-to-coast. WOW!!

TerpZag
03-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I expect to be there this evening with at least one other family member to cheer on the Lady Zags. I am twisting arms to convince more to come along as I type.

Should be a great game. Go Lady Zags!!!