Where were you and how did you react. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUZag08
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jan 2008

Where were you and how did you react. . .

when meech goodson launched the Zags into the sweet 16?

I was in CM Northwest with 3 buddies. He hit the shot and we all jumped up screaming, and ran into the hall hugging anyone around.
  • fedwayzag
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2007

In my recliner watching alone. Most people do not want to be around me when GU plays. Jumped out of my chair. Have not jumped that high since high school

Comment

• FuManShoes
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

At my place in Seattle with three childhood pals from Spokane. We went ape####
      “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• SWZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I was at my cousins place and at the community center, they have a small theatre, so we were watching the game life-size.

When the shot went in I was jumping up and down screaming, "THE FRESHMAN, THE FRESHMAN" over and over. I lost my voice in 15 seconds.

It was awesome. It was truly an awesome moment!!

Meech, I have a feeling you will be in a new video by ZagSlug (when a new one comes out) along with "The Runner!"

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• GonzagaDynasty
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

I was with my family and some friends, And me and my brother got up, ran around the basement screaming and jumping up and down.. I too lost my voice....

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• zagfan24
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2008

I left my friend's place to watch the final few minutes in my own apartment...when Meech hit the shot I honestly was just jumping uncontrollably, all over the place, throwing my hands wildly in excitement. It was incredible. I took a shot of Jack and went back to work.

Comment

• zagirl2k
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Feb 2007

We scared our poor 2 1/2 year old daughter who was sitting on the couch with her Nana and I, with Slug and Grandpa nearby. We were all yelling with excitement and she had no idea what was going on. She got over it pretty quickly though.

Much happiness is Slug/Zagirl2k land tonight.

Comment

• SEAZAG84
                Bulldog Fan
                • Oct 2007

i was there and i got interviewed after the game!!!!

i was there woooo!!!! greatest moment of my life and i was in 229 row r aka the wall.....still the coolest thing i have seen in person in my life!! i too might be on the news with a gonzaga zip up sweater and freaking out so look for me!!!!

Comment

• SpudDawg
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

At home, shrieking like a banshee on crack. Fortunately, 3-year-old SpudPup took it in stride.

I think it was something like "IT WENT IN!!!"

Comment

• Psychozag
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Feb 2007

At home in the basement watching with my wife. After the tip-in, I thought, "it's okay, we will beat them in overtime." And then Meech took off running in that special gear he has, and I got off the couch as he put the shot up, and when it went in, I jumped up and pointed at the screen yelling "Meech is a stud," with my wife saying, "I can't believe he is only a freshman." After the buzzer sounded, I turned to my wife and said, "we just witnessed a top three all time Gonzaga play."

Comment

• rennis
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

At my house with another Alum and his girlfriend. we freaked out and yelled for a good minute. Classic. Vindicating. Thanks Zags.
                      Originally posted by Coach Few
                      We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• Reborn
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

I was at my place with my son. We decided to hold hands for those last 24 seconds or so after the time out. My son was feeling pretty negative, as if we were going to lose one more time. As Western Kentucky began to come back, and after that obvious foul by Mendez-Valdez after Matt slipped (gave him a should which knocked Matty away from the ball), and they scored. He kept saying. Dad, what can we do? What can we do? And I say there's nothing left but to trust God and just believe with all our heart. We had a tight grip. We have been doing this for many many years for many games, and it has worked a lot. They set there play, shot and missed, and I thought we had 'em. And then suddenly it happened so fast. WK rebounded the ball and put it in. I thought he missed it, but My son almost fainted, so I knew it went in, but it was just so fast. Before I could speak a word (I thought it was going into overtime, there was Meech. I actually thought it was Pargo, and I felt good with the ball in his hands. I thought YES. Jeremy will do it. And dang it I saw that ball go in and I thought he had. I just believed Jeremy was going to win that game. My son was jumping around like a gorrila. I've never seen him so happy. Just jumping like a little kid again (He's 37 now, but still a kid I guess). I'm too old for all that jumping, but I sure enjoyed watching my kid. And I was so happy. My son said it was Meech. And I was in shock. How could a Freshman do all that. Then I told my son, how I read a lot on Meech last summer, and his high school coach said we were going to be very happy with Goodson because above everything, he hates to lose. His coach said that one thing about him is that he's a winner. Wow. Are we happy or what??????

my son and I watched the replay of that play probably 30 times, and we just couldn't believe it. How fast he was going, changing directions like a running back and then cut through the hole like a bolt of lightning. And suddenly he was hanging in the air, and a I suddenly saw Blake Stepp in that one moment, and I saw that dang ball go in, and it was the redemption of Blake Stepp. AS has been said in another thread, that missed shot will no longer be in our memory thanks to Meech.

One of the first things my son said after the win was, "Dad. I know we'll beat North Carolina. I just know it. We got the monkey off our back now." I believe that too.
                        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• MBZags
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

I was in my room in Kennedy and screamed "**** YEAH!" and pumped my fist harder than I ever had before. To understood the magnitude of my excitement, a girl halfway down the hall heard me through my door, my apartment door, and her door (and Kennedy is a big building). My language choice could have been much better, but excitement got the best of me. After thinking Gonzaga was headed to OT and another potential devastating loss, I was so relieved and happy. I think I scared the crap out of my two roommates, neither of which are basketball fans.

Comment

• TheBeast
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I was at the Pub with 7-8 friends, all but a couple of us were GU grads. I didn't notice, but someone said you could have heard a pin drop at our table when WKU scored.
                            Although it was only our table and a smaller table across the way clapping and cheering during the game, the whole place went nuts when Goodson scored.
                            I lost it pretty good, but chances are I'll never see those strangers again, right???
                            I wear a helmet while internetting.
                            sigpic

Comment

• scrooner
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I had the job of holding our 6-month-old, trying to put him to sleep!

I don't like it when coaches call timeout in that situation, letting the defense set up as well. So when Meech got the ball, I was gritting my teeth, saying "GO MEECH, GO MEECH, PUSH IT MEECH!" as Baby Duncan started to wake up. I knew he could get there quick enough, just didn't know what the D would do. When the shot when in I gave a loud "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!", and then when the game ended I just closed my eyes and smiled for a few minutes, letting it wash over me.

And then Baby Duncan went back to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X