PDA

View Full Version : 83 here

83topper
03-21-2009, 06:29 PM
congrats good luck with the heels,WHAT A GAME!!!

Akzag
03-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks Topper .... Fantastic game ...

Mad props to your boys ...

BobZag
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Your boys just took 10 years off my life. Great effort by two teams. Wow.

ZigZagSoCal
03-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Topper, thanks for joining us for the game and chiming in. We were too nauseated, anxious, zoned-out, etc....to reply. You guys were awesome!

MDABE80
03-21-2009, 06:45 PM
WKU played a great game.......hard nosed kids who play it right.

outrunu
03-21-2009, 06:54 PM
He was trying to call a timeout after the score. The refs didn't see it before they inbounded. Worst case up by 2 with .9 left.

SteeleMan
03-21-2009, 06:59 PM
He was trying to call a timeout after the score. The refs didn't see it before they inbounded. Worst case up by 2 with .9 left.

Said so on the post game.

Wow.

Few said in the press conference that they debated and decided to have Meech in there for defense.

HOOTER
03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Abe, but WKU coach called TO. If that TO was granted, Goodsen's shot would never happen! That's what I have a problem with, not with the two teams, but with the ref.

If I'm not mistaken, he called TO after Meech made his shot. He was interviewed after the game saying that he wanted to set up a final play but not only were the officials not looking at him, but his players inbounded the ball too quickly. I'm sorry but even if WKU had been granted a time out, the likelihood of a full court game tying/winning play with less than a second on the clock is slim to none, and slim's out to lunch. Your grasping here brian and it's very unbecoming.

GO ZAGS!!!

DixieZag
03-21-2009, 07:06 PM
The kids who fought for that game deserved better referring all around, it seemed that under the basket you could commit felony assault (both ways) but then ticky tack fouls were called outside. Again, I think it all balanced out, it just was the wierdest game I think I have ever seen, and the players who gave it their ALL should be commended for largely keeping their cool, Austin was close to a T.

MEZAG
03-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Can the opposing coach call timeout when the opposite team has possession and is charging the hoop? He didn't try to call timeout before we were charging, I watched the replay several times.

johnwzag
03-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Western Kentucy = No Mid Magor. What a great game! I cannot believe how well Gonzaga played tonight. If we had a bad game, we lose. It is that simple.

hockeyzag
03-21-2009, 07:20 PM
83 you are a helluva guy. Your team seriously almost gave me a hard attack, and I'm only 26. Mendez Valdez was unconscious. We were all shouting at the TV whenever he got the ball, we were seriously scared of him.

kitzbuel
03-21-2009, 07:34 PM
congrats good luck with the heels,WHAT A GAME!!!
Losing like that is a heartbreaker, Topper. Zag fans are only too familiar with that. Doesn't help much to know it was an awesome game, but that was tremendously entertaining game.

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-21-2009, 07:38 PM
83, Zag fans have been on both sides of game-winning shots, upsets and near upsets. I understand how this one must sting for you, but your team deserves high praise, they came up just a hair short in one of the craziest, most competitive NCAA games in a while.

GPGUgrad
03-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Good game 83!

Exciting all the way to the end!

TheZagPhish
03-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Hilltoppers are top notch.

Ziggy
03-21-2009, 08:08 PM
We still luv ya 83, you're part of this family. The Toppers are great! Cheer for us in Memphis! I just repped you to make it feel better. Tough love!:)

ZagLawGrad
03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Toppers only a #13 seed? They were incredible

bballbeachbum
03-21-2009, 08:13 PM
nailed it johnw...12 seed is a joke, we all know this, especially you and yours 83, my guess.

Take down some big boys next year...you guys are awesome!!!

It was just an honor. A Classic.

You know we respect you.

:cheers:

katman50
03-21-2009, 08:14 PM
You guys have a great team. Zags eeked it out. Thanks for the classy posts!

LynetteG
03-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Topper, I would rep you but I have to 'spread some rep around'. What a freaking game! As someone else mentioned, Gu has known the heartbreak you guys are undoubtedly suffering tonight. You played your guts out, left it all on the floor tonight. I don't ever want to play you guys again! Go get 'em next year, take all the big boys down!!!!!!!!

Nevtelen
03-21-2009, 08:33 PM
What a game. I hope that was for you guys what Arizona was for GU a few years ago - a tough, well-fought heart-breaker that propels the program forward ever farther into the national spotlight. WKU deserves it. Man, OMV played the game of his life. I still can't believe some of the shots he was hitting.

McZag
03-21-2009, 08:33 PM
You are your team are all class 83. That was anybody's game and we had the last shot. You guys will be back next year and I look forward to following the Toppers. Take care and thanks for the well wishes.

83topper
03-22-2009, 01:55 AM
Losing like that is a heartbreaker, Topper. Zag fans are only too familiar with that. Doesn't help much to know it was an awesome game, but that was tremendously entertaining game.

heartbreaking but fun

83topper
03-22-2009, 12:03 PM
83, Zag fans have been on both sides of game-winning shots, upsets and near upsets. I understand how this one must sting for you, but your team deserves high praise, they came up just a hair short in one of the craziest, most competitive NCAA games in a while.

seconded

ToreroStudent
03-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Zags for getting WKU back for us. They destroyed me last year. :(

But seriously, what a great game between two of the classiest clubs that I know. Even though WKU wasn't able to pull it off, they can still be so proud of their club. What an awesome effort. And Zags what more can you ask for? The Zags have now gotten where they should have been and where they were expected to be. Every game left that they play is gravy. They have done an excellent job this season.

Congratulations both! Though I wish we had been involved, I still had so much fun rooting for both of you.

UberZagFan
03-22-2009, 02:00 PM
What a great game despite the officiating. Has GU ever fouled the three point shooter so much?

Someone tell GU that they need to schedule a home and home with WKU.

And 83, see you in the Foo!

Section 116
03-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Here's a rumor from the WKU board, take it for what it's worth, a rumor but it sure would make a nice rivalry:

Actually, rumor is Zags and Toppers are discussing a 4-game series. Few, Selig, McDonald (and maybe Zag AD, don't know what he/she looks like) were all together at the hotel the other night -- maybe discussing this very thing.

Link: http://www.hilltopperhaven.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=9953

alaskazagnut
03-22-2009, 02:30 PM
The Zags scored 83 points!!!!!

Thanks 83 for the score beforehand.