PDA

View Full Version : Add an X-factor: Goodson

FuManShoes
03-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Meech continues to impress with unflappability and toughness. I'm rewatching "the run" and Meech's tie-up with McKnight was the kind of gritty play that changes the trajectory of a game. The Zags were already in the midst of a huge run but that kind of play -- snatching the ball from a much bigger guy and claiming it as your own just delivered the message loud and clear: We're not letting you have this game. Downs did the same last week in las Vegas with that great hustle play in the final. It's gonna take a lot of those plays to survive and advance. Way to go Meech!

Nevtelen
03-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Agreed - I love Meech. That kid always plays hard and is completely, totally fearless. He's getting better at not fouling on D, too, which is good.

JAGzag
03-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Dead on; an attitude like that is just infectious towards the other players and they feed off it. I love this kid's blue collar attitude this year and willingness to accept his role on this team.

CDC84
03-20-2009, 08:09 AM
One thing I wish Few would've done last night was put Meech and Pargo in the game at the same time. Especially in the 1st half when GU's defense left a lot to be desired.

ZagLawGrad
03-20-2009, 08:12 AM
I love this guy's game. I vote for more time by Meech on the court harassing the guys bigger than him---like that nasty attiude he showed against the Akron big man in the spat over who owns the ball.

GU69
03-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Does Meech play this way in practice? If so, have Pargo or Bouldin ever gotten frustrated with him?

He is going to be fun to watch over the next few years. He brings an intensity that we haven't seen since Adam.

J-Lo
03-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I think meech brought an intensity to the game last night (as well as several games in the past) that Pargo lacks. Certainly Pargo has experience, composure, etc. that Meech does not yet possess, but the intensity he brought last night was a big part of the catalyst that propelled us to our lead, imo.

ZagNative
03-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Does Meech play this way in practice? If so, have Pargo or Bouldin ever gotten frustrated with him?

He is going to be fun to watch over the next few years. He brings an intensity that we haven't seen since Adam.Pargo said of Meech early in the season "He's a pest."

Remember his block of Tyler Smith's shot in the Old Spice Tournament championship game? I can't believe how high he flew! 5'11", 164#!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Meech/2008-11-30AustinDayeTennessee4.jpg

Zag4Hire
03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Pargo said of Meech early in the season "He's a pest."

Remember his block of Tyler Smith's shot in the Old Spice Tournament championship game? I can't believe how high he flew! 5'11", 164#!

I also remember him getting into it with Bobby Maze at the end of the first half. Meech = the Tanner Boyle of this squad. My favorite player from the Bears because he doesn't back down. His attitude is infectious and obviously a great sub during that time by Few not so much due to Pargo playing bad but giving the team a 'killer instinct' at that time. When Pargo came back in, the blood was already in the water and the Zag sharks were hungry. For example, although Heytvelt missed that dunk and Few was livid, the Zags were on a mission to tell the media and everybody that this team is for real.

Baldwinzag
03-20-2009, 08:54 AM
One thing I wish Few would've done last night was put Meech and Pargo in the game at the same time. Especially in the 1st half when GU's defense left a lot to be desired.

I couldn't agree more CDC. I hope Few realizes this fact when we face the Hilltoppers tomorrow. They literally have a 4-guard offense and they are relentless at attacking the hoop and kicking out to open shooters. Our best offense will be our defense so I hope we see more of Pargo, Meech, and Gray on the perimeter attempting to limit penetration, guard the three, and push the ball in transition. I know Bouldin will most likely receive his much deserved 35+ minutes and of course we need him, but I don't think WKU is a great match-up for him. We'll need tremendous defense on the perimeter and Bouldin's only "flaw" in my opinion is defending the 3pt shot. WKU has four players whom all shoot over 35% from downtown...if we are unable to get a hand in their face, it could be a blowout by them.

FuManShoes
03-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Meech continues to impress with unflappability and toughness. I'm rewatching "the run" and Meech's tie-up with McKnight was the kind of gritty play that changes the trajectory of a game. The Zags were already in the midst of a huge run but that kind of play -- snatching the ball from a much bigger guy and claiming it as your own just delivered the message loud and clear: We're not letting you have this game. Downs did the same last week in las Vegas with that great hustle play in the final. It's gonna take a lot of those plays to survive and advance. Way to go Meech!

Told ya :)

TrueLiz
03-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I have been tivoing Zags games all year and creating my own personal extended game highlight dvds that I'll watch down the road, because I'm a nerd like that. Tivo was set tonight for my downstairs TV, where I do all the editing & stuff. I went upstairs to watch the game with other people. While I was cheering, going nuts, raising my heart rate, etc., apparently my Tivo had a complete meltdown & restarted, deciding it is the middle of July, and only recording the 1st half of the game. Needless to say, I was instantly distraught, since saving a game is almost as important to me as watching it the first time.

So...did anyone Tivo/DVR this game (or even just the 2nd half) that could put it on a DVD and mail it to me? If so, please send me a personal message and let me know. I was thinking this was the worst time for this to happen, but I suppose the worst would've been when I was in Vegas with the games set at home! I would be very appreciative and thankful!

skan72
03-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Pargo said of Meech early in the season "He's a pest."

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Meech/2008-11-30AustinDayeTennessee4.jpg

I love him!
I must say though, he is a bit under 5'11".

Zag365
03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I like the fact that Meech took Ammo's number. Sort of like when Ichiro to The Big Unit's #51. I thought it was both a sign of respect and confidence. And, now it has worked out spectacularly with a game winning floater to match the ol' #3's banker.