• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thomas_Sutpen
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Final Four: Go Jesuits!

So, regardless of any pools you might be in, who's your team in the Final Four?

My brackets call for another UCLA championship, but I think of the four teams, I'd rather see the Hoyas win it all.

BTW--today's trivia: when was the last time the FF featured teams who've all won championships?

answer coming soon....

--------
  • TrueLiz
    Kennel Club Material
    • Mar 2007

My two favorites are Gonzaga & Minnesota, so obviously those aren't options, but Florida is 3rd on my college basketball cheering list, so I have to go for them. I'd like Georgetown in the GU-OSU match-up.

Comment

• flutieflakes
      Redshirt
      • Feb 2007

trivia: I'm not sure if this was the last time all final four teams were former champs, but UNC, Kansas, Michigan and Kentucky were in it in '93 (the Webber timeout year- absolutely loaded season with the Fab 5, Kidd, Hill, Penny, Mashburn, JR Rider, Glen Robinson etc). Did Maryland win a championship before 2002? Because if so, 2001 had Duke, AZ, Maryland and I think Michigan St, who all won it before

Comment

• soonerterp
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by flutieflakes View Post
        trivia: I'm not sure if this was the last time all final four teams were former champs, but UNC, Kansas, Michigan and Kentucky were in it in '93 (the Webber timeout year- absolutely loaded season with the Fab 5, Kidd, Hill, Penny, Mashburn, JR Rider, Glen Robinson etc). Did Maryland win a championship before 2002? Because if so, 2001 had Duke, AZ, Maryland and I think Michigan St, who all won it before
        Maryland did not win a championship before 2002. The Terps' first-ever Final Four appearance was in 2001 ... but Duke, Arizona and Michigan State had won previous NCAA championships, so that's 2 out of 3.

As long as we're feeling like trivia, what are the schools besides Oklahoma that have more Final Four appearances but have NEVER won the National Championship?

Comment

• Thomas_Sutpen
          Kennel Club
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by flutieflakes View Post
          Yup, 1993.

Comment

Working...
          X