PDA

View Full Version : Heels-Hoyas

BobZag
03-25-2007, 03:16 PM
These guys are playing their hearts out, leaving it all on the floor. Man, how can a team come out flat?

OT, baby.

meadgrad02
03-25-2007, 03:27 PM
UNC couldn't throw the damn ball into the ocean the last 15 minutes of the game and OT. damn. My team is out now.

Birddog
03-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Jeez is that a grin on my face? a cheshire cat grin? YOU BETCHA!
I dislike UNC almost as much as I do the Buckeyes. And holy cow, my bracket is still alive.

Birddog

mtzaga
03-25-2007, 03:33 PM
UNC...that was the biggest meltdown since Three Mile Island.

NJZag
03-25-2007, 03:33 PM
An experienced big v. the one-and-doner big. Going to be very entertaining next weekend!!!!

As the original t-shirts said:

III
Some have forgotten
We will remind them.

Indeed!!!

VinnyZag
03-25-2007, 03:37 PM
UNC...that was the biggest meltdown since Three Mile Island.

that was the biggest meltdown since the game of which we shall not speak.
I liked how they Hoyas stuck with their game down the stretch instead of starting to chuck up 3s when they were down 10 with three minutes to go.

surfmonkey89
03-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Terrible shot selection in the last 5min and overtime by UNC. They had several guys in foul trouble for Georgetown, yet they spent the whole time chucking up 3s.

The storyline will be how Georgetown rallied, but UNC gave this one away imo.

NJZag
03-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Terrible shot selection in the last 5min and overtime by UNC. They had several guys in foul trouble for Georgetown, yet they spent the whole time chucking up 3s.

The storyline will be how Georgetown rallied, but UNC gave this one away imo.

When Hansborough missed his FTs, you just knew the mental game had run out before the clock did. This game is really ODD to me, because as UNC recovered from its loss to Gonzaga last November, they had developed a game that seemed to be marked by really running opponents ragged in the FINAL 10 minutes and turning up the heat. They have enough of a rotation to pull that off, and opposing teams just couldn't overcome it.

I'm thinking that JT III must have preached that that was what would happen and the Hoyas were prepared to come back against an onslaught that just didn't happen.

Maybe it's the difference between a squad that still has a lot of youth (UNC) and the Hoyas which have a gob of 3 year veterans, led by Hibbs and Green and JWall. There just didn't seem to be anybody hitting panic buttons even as they were behind all of the second half.

As they say. Survive. Advance.

BobZag
03-25-2007, 05:09 PM
I was neutral. Memphis had lost, so I'm down to just watching casually. But I liked the effort, actually loved the effort out there. UNC forgot what got them that far; G-Town didn't. Lessons learned, I suppose.

youreachiteach
03-25-2007, 06:06 PM
UNC plays NO defense. Hoyas almost 100. Roy is great, but he's had major stacked team over the yrs at Kansas and UNC and has only 1 title. When GTown went zone down the stretch, Roy left his slashers in the game instead of bring in his shooters.

GTown contested every shot, and the refs didnt give Tyler every call at the end lol...

Summers is a STUD!

john montana
03-25-2007, 07:50 PM
i'm glad unc is out, mainly because i can't stand watching hansbrough shoot free throws. you are not allowed to defend hansbrough...its a foul.

gtown is tough, and smart. thompson can flat out coach, and he sure out coach roy tonight. UNC should have won the title with that team.

ZaggyStardust
03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
i'm glad unc is out, mainly because i can't stand watching hansbrough shoot free throws. you are not allowed to defend hansbrough...its a foul.

Yeah right John Montana - we all remember you are a Dukie... Tell it like it is!!!!:D :D :D

john montana
03-25-2007, 10:56 PM
that might have just a tiny bit to do with my celebration today! heh heh...

lothar98zag
03-26-2007, 11:46 AM
UNC plays NO defense.

Do you mean no D during their meltdown to end yesterday's game or that they never play D?