PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bowling-Green leads Creighton...

Goshzagit
03-18-2009, 05:30 PM
with 8 minutes left in the 2nd half, 61-54. Creighton is no slouch and was a NCAA bubble team most of the year.

I posted this update since Bowling Green is a fellow MAC team and just one of four teams Akron blitzed through on their way to the MAC Championship. They also beat Bowling Green by 10 earlier in the year. Also, remember when UConn nearly got beat by Buffalo(MAC) prior to playing us? If you look at the MAC as a whole i.e. Bowling Green, Kent State, Buffalo, et al they are almost always competitive against the elite.

I haven't seen anyone mention that Akron is ranked in the Top-5 in points against...

BobZag
03-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Zags better come to play and play hard. They'll have to be tough, be strong with the ball and not make silly turnovers.

MDABE80
03-18-2009, 05:49 PM
BEAT AKRON! Creighton has to be as demoralized as our guys were after UConn...... Just the sentiments in the paper there and their board make me sad for them. Nonetheless.if you're gonna be a Gonzaga, best get the airline tickets ready and go do what GU's done. Play the bigs elsewhere. Quest has 17K crazy yelling fans. Jays will have trouble getting big programs to come there. Travel if you must but you got to get recognised as you create your program. BEAT AKRON!!! lol.....beat em! Leave no doubts!

zagsdan86
03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Jays come back to win it 73-71. Creighton has made it into a habit of falling behind early in an NIT game only to come back and win; we were down 18 to Rhode Island in last year's NIT and came back to win. I was stuck in night class during the game, but I'm sure the Qwest Center was far below its usual 17,000+ crowd. EDIT: Attendance was 9577.

Jodie Meeks and Kentucky visit the most likely sold out Qwest Center on Monday. Here's hoping he and Booker Woodfox put on quite a show. There's already huge excitement for this game around campus. :)

johnwzag
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Looking at Bowling Greens shooting %, they are all over the place.
Bowling Green shooting for season - %FG 46.9% 3 34.8%. Creigtons almost lost the game tonight because they shot 5-22 from 3. Perhaps they could not figure out how to get into the basket because of tougher D. Eventually they figured it out.

Bowling Green against Akron....

Akron game 1...
BG 28.3%/22.0%
AK 39.6%/23.8%

Akron game 2...
BG 42.9%/27.8%
AK 30.0%/23.8%

Akron vs Ohio.
AK FG 26-43 (.605)
AK 3P 5-15 (.333)
OH FG 20-43 (.465)
OH 0-14 (.000) That was not Akron, that was just terrible.

Kent state shot
FG .411
3 .222

Maybe Akron can really defend the 3 on some teams. I am not worried about our taller guys bringing it.

ZagMania
03-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I go to Buffalo.. the MAC is way down this year although in the past its been one of the better mid-major conferences for sure. If you look at any conference at that level you'll see games where they can play with and beat high major teams on certain days. However, having watched Akron and other MAC teams play at Buffalo I can attest that we really have Akron outmatched. Buffalo tied for first in the MAC east by just basically having high defensive intensity and rebounding.

If the Zags play a solid game it shouldn't be close, no disrespect intended to Akron or the teams in the MAC. Obviously we've had games where we don't show up, but I think this years edition is anxious to go out there and leave everything they have on the floor to finish the year.