• Apr 2007

Chester Frazier Officially OUT for Illini

According to ESPN......

But for now, just beat Akron!
    It's F4 or bust.
  • lothar98zag
    PostPadder General
    • Feb 2007

The article/blog says he out for Thursday's game. FWIW, it doesn't mention his status for a potential Saturday game...
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• Baldwinzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I caught a special on the Big10 Network this afternoon listing all player awards for their conference. Frazier was named to the all-defensive team and runner-up for Defensive Player-of-the-Year. If he doesn't play, its a huge loss for the Illini. He doesn't average a ton of pts(5.5 per), yet he's a big time floor leader, starting PG, and by far the best defensive player(and they're a great defensive team). Considering my geographic affiliation, I watched nearly all the Big-10 Tourney games and Illinois looked awful without him. If he's officially out, I'm not sure they can escape WKU in Round 1. I'm buying the 5-12 upset hype in this one.

All that said, the Big10 Network showed clips of interviews from teams around the conference while each prepare for the NCAA's and Chester stated himself, "My team needs me and this is it for me, I'm planning on playing in the Tourney and if I'm open, I'm gonna shoot it." He was being interviewed with a large cast on his right hand, so we'll just have to wait and see.
      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
        Bleeds Bulldog Blue
        • Feb 2007

Frazier out for both opening round games

PORTLAND - In an announcement that had been expected, Illinois coach Bruce Weber said Wednesday starting guard Chester Frazier has been ruled out of the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.

Illinois opens against Western Kentucky Thursday night and would play the winner of the Gonzaga-Akron game on Saturday.
        You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

Working...
        X