PDA

View Full Version : 1 lonely fan

Grad Zag
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
As I was watching the news, it showed the Zags boarding a bus for the airport. One fan was there to watch the team get on the bus. He looked lonely and in shock that he was the only one there. I liked how someone else put it though, "The real party will start when they come home" The link to the video is below.

http://www.krem.com/video/featured-index.html?nvid=342939

Go Zags beat the zips

EngineerZag
03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
It would be nice if someone close to the athletic dept would take it upon themselves to announce to the GU community when the boys will board the bus. I would have come and seen them off if I'd known when they were leaving! :) I remember as a student in 2000-2003 we had little rallies with the team each year before they headed off to the tourney - things were different.

zagnut52
03-18-2009, 04:04 AM
GradZag, I too saw that report on KREM, and thoight it very odd. The Reporter from KREM, said maybe one reason why noone there was because they have made it 10 years in a row now to the NCAA, and maybe the novelty has worn off. NEVER as far as I am concerned!!!!. I also noted the above post about the community not knowing anything about when they left.

zagporvida
03-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Nothing was said University wide either, I wonder if the athletic department wanted it that way or the players. Maybe it means they are all business this time.

seasontixholder
03-18-2009, 06:14 AM
There used to be Selection Sunday parties, etc. Lately, nada. I'd bet the ranch that it's Mark's aversion to hoopla and his concerns about the drain on his players that's behind it. It's probably a real pain.

zagsmyboys
03-18-2009, 07:30 AM
I would have to agree. I think they are more focused this time because they now how well they are playing and want to make sure they stay as focused as possible. Like Matt said "This year feels different, compared to the last two".
All and all I just really want to see Gonzaga play NC again!! I know I shouldn't 'jump the gun' but the last time they palyed them Josh did an amazing job with Tyler. They have both grown into great ball clubs , and I think that it could end up being "The game of the year" for sure!!

Zag fan for life!!!

GonzagaGurl08
03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
The past couple of years when I was in the band, we got pretty short notice as to when we were leaving for the tournament. Part of this is because of the situation with all the charter flights the NCAA has to organize. We would literally find out the day before when we were leaving. That doesn't give much time to publicize it.

GonzagaDynasty
03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
yup I agree with everyone, I would have gone if they would have announced something...