PDA

View Full Version : Is that Casey?

23dpg
03-24-2007, 07:20 PM
On the ads for Cingular where a guy has a TV phone and throws a ball to distract his friend. They then show a few clips from games. The last one looks like Casey slamming it down. Has anyone else seen this?

rawkmandale
03-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, and I thought it looked like Casey, also. It wasn't one of his "famous" jams - but certainly looked like him wearing Gonzaga blue.

ZagSlug
03-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I paused the DVR to see if it was him. Had the build, hair, and flair of a Casey dunk. Still, it could have been Vanilla Ice

23dpg
03-25-2007, 03:32 PM
After viewing again today, I am pretty sure it is.:)

tobizag
03-25-2007, 03:41 PM
it is...and the first clip is Dickau on a fast break.

brasszag
03-25-2007, 03:51 PM
This may sound really...pathetic, but could someone Youtube it?

The only TV I watch is GU games...

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-25-2007, 07:00 PM
This may sound really...pathetic, but could someone Youtube it?

The only TV I watch is GU games...

I have banned all network and cable tv from my house - we either go out as a family or as a date with my wife to watch GU games...losing the old television was the best investment we've ever made in our own time. I've missed some Desperate Housewives, but spent a lot more time in my garden, with my kids, riding my horses and working on my own stuff without being a platform for America's most creative marketing agencies to shove s*** down my, and more importantly my kids' throats. AMEN to NO TV...last I checked GU games are on all over the place, and a brew with friends is a pretty pleasant way to enjoy one.

I applaud your resistance to the true "opiate of the masses!"

spokane86
03-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Saw it about a week ago, paused it, and i'm pretty sure it's him, just like the rest of you are.

SteeleMan
03-26-2007, 07:47 AM
who gets the royalties $$ for Casey being in that shot. Casey or GU or the NCAA???? Anyone with insite?

wazZag
03-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I have banned all network and cable tv from my house - we either go out as a family or as a date with my wife to watch GU games...losing the old television was the best investment we've ever made in our own time. I've missed some Desperate Housewives, but spent a lot more time in my garden, with my kids, riding my horses and working on my own stuff without being a platform for America's most creative marketing agencies to shove s*** down my, and more importantly my kids' throats. AMEN to NO TV...last I checked GU games are on all over the place, and a brew with friends is a pretty pleasant way to enjoy one.

Nice work, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the same plan but I would like to.

brasszag
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Nice work, I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the same plan but I would like to.

You'll find you don't miss it. Seriously.

And anything good made for TV eventually comes out on DVD (Firefly, etc...) sans commercials.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-26-2007, 03:09 PM
without any commercials? On my own schedule? Netflix solves almost all of it..

NO TV - oh yeah, and your kids aren't begging for stuff/cereal/shows/etc..ad fricking infinitum that someone's trying to get you to buy for them - or yourself for that matter... there's something comforting about neither knowing, nor caring for that matter about TV except for making sure that you've got a GU venue lined up!

Average time per week that the American child ages 2-17 spends watching television: 19 hours, 40 minutes - Scary - think how many free throws those little point-guards-to be could be tossing up - or pitching baseballs - or anything. Gu's a family school, I just think this reinforces it and my cable bill is ZERO! take the plunge..just my two cents