• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Have you noticed...

that this year there's a different feeling, a different aura if you will, surrounding the NCAA tournament?

There's a sense that something old, something caustic, something bitter has been removed from the tournament.

It's like when you look at the family picture taken at the Thanksgiving table, and everyone looks happier than in past years. Then you realize it's because your weird uncle got bumped off his flight and couldn't make the celebration.

/////

////

///

//

/

Billy Packer's not part of the CBS team this year.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • Baldwinzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

About ten years too late, if you ask me.

I'm sorry, but thank goodness we longer have to endure Packer's negative, arrogant, all-too-knowing style. I think Clark Kellogg will do a great job, and won't irritate and force-feed us while he's in the booth. Goodbye, Mr. Packer... you had a long run.
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Aww, the poor ol' Toad of Tobacco Road.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• alaskazagnut

To be honest

I never noticed that, but now that I think about it, I realize I am enjoying the broadcasts a lot more.

Comment

• krozman
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by alaskazagnut View Post
            I never noticed that, but now that I think about it, I realize I am enjoying the broadcasts a lot more.
            Until someone brings on Dickie V and the hate all comes back.
            Krozman
            GU student 1996-2000
            Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Ziggy
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Clark Kellogg is articulate, well spoken, knowledgeable and enjoyable to listen to. Glad for the change!
              "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Don't suppose the feeling of "dread" is gone becaue we have a team story going on. I never thought much ( ie didn't think about) Packer. He always seemed desparate to make himself important. I felt sorry for his fading career which showed promise in years gone by.

If we lose, I'll feel bad if we lose in the right way. Last year I was bitter the way the coaching went and because we had no business losing. The year before I expected a short run because our problems off court.

This year though, there are no off court distractions and our guys finished SO strong! I just hope we keep it going. SO I feel pretty good about this year's NCAA tournament. We have the talent and the talent is showing. I just feel better I guess.....knowing we have the guns to go the distance. More than anything though, BEAT AKRON....or it's over with no fun. No dreams. No nuthin.

Comment

Working...
                X