PDA

View Full Version : Attention Zags Fans!!

rojogrande
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
I am a WKU student/fan. I am not sure if some of you remember me posting on here last season when we played you guys in Alaska. I wanted to wish you all luck and ask a favor from you guys as well. Since we got as far away from our campus as possible and flights to Portland are unbelievably expensive alot of us WKU fans will not be able to make the trip this week. Since undoubtedly you all will have quite a few fans there because of the closeness of the game we would love some back up cheering and help to down the Illini. Our players all season long have thrived off of the crowd and since alot of us can only be there for them in spirit we need some fans of other schools to help us out. If you do we will do the same should you make it past us ;) and get to memphis.

We are pretty happy with our draw and think we will take the Illini. We look forward to hopefully playing you guys in the second round. Goodluck against the Zips.

--Rojogrande

johnwzag
03-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh for Sure! I love WKU fans and the team. "83topper" is a regular fooster (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)on our board. We all love him.

Good luck man and come visit us often!

BobZag
03-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Non-BCS teams unite. At the risk of pissing off Illini fans (Zags play Illini the next four years), go Toppers! Plus, 83topper is like family.

mendiant
03-17-2009, 11:57 AM
If I were to be there at the game, I would surely cheer for the Toppers!!!

I will be cheering for them at home.

Best of luck to you,
mendiant

LongIslandZagFan
03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I always root for the toppers (except when they play us) and like someone said... 83Topper is like family... stepped into the whirlpool known as the Foo and got sucked in. :D

thibaulm
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
toppers are the favourites in that game in my mind... and they will get the cheering from me in my home!

Nevtelen
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I will try to cheer hard enough that they can hear me through the TV, even though my neighbors might not like it. :) I've followed WKU as much as I could since our game last season and am impressed. They're a lot of peoples' sexy upset pick. Let's hope they make the predictions come true!

rojogrande
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys we appreciate it. I have found it quite humerous the last couple of days reading the Illini board. They are unbelievably cocky and some are predicting a 20 point win. They also go as far to say that you all are the weakest of the 4 seeds. Which both you and I know is definately not true. You all are the strongest 4 seed in my opinion.

Also I have heard some rumors from our athletic office that WKU and Gonzaga are trying to work out a series with one another. We have Louisville, Tennessee, Miss St, South Carolina, Houston, and Tulane solidified for our OOC next season, as well as playing in the pre-season NIT in the LSU pod. I would love to add the Zags to that list.

--Rojogrande

BobZag
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Knowing Zag fans, those in the Rose Garden watching the Illini-Toppers game will cheer for the Toppers.