View Full Version : OT-Interesting computer simulation

ZagManFan
03-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Maybe to help with your brackets.

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2009BP

johnwzag
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Very interesting. Thanks for the link.

"Gonzaga was really unlucky. In any other region, it would be a likely Final Four team. While we see far more parity than usual among the Sweet 16 contenders, only eight teams have a realistic chance of winning it all. "

I have a hard time believing that we are not in the best bracket.

Reborn
03-17-2009, 10:30 AM
If all goes well, I can certainly see this predictiion. The only problem that I see for North Carolina is Ty Lawson. If he's 100%, they would be tough to beat. The question is, "Is he 100% and if not at what % is he able to play at? Personally, I do not think that any of the other bracketts are "easier" than this one. They are all tough, and all #1 seeds would be a huge challenge for the Zags. Interestingly enough, all the #1's are wounded. This will make the tournament very exciting, and could be a factor that computors can not factor in (injuries) in trying to predict outcomes.

So let's just wait and see how all this unfolds before we get upset or worried. Kick back Josh and enjoy the first weekend. Let's worry about next week when it comes.

Zageist
03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
As long as they live up to their seeding, it's all good. Winning beyond the sweet 16 is all gravy. Still think they can beat NC, but I'll settle for Akron for now.