PDA

View Full Version : Officials for OSU-Memphis game?

ZagAddict
03-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Can anyone tell me if Dave Libby is officiating this OSU-Memphis game?

sittingon50
03-24-2007, 01:40 PM
He is not.

ZagAddict
03-24-2007, 02:22 PM
The officials are doing a horrible job in this game... inconsistent calls across the board. I hate when officials take the focus away from the game...

ZagAddict
03-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Are you kidding me... a flagrant foul on Memphis and they even allow Oden continuation for 2 pts. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. By the Elite Eight better officiating is expected:mad:

Birddog
03-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah, but when Oden gave the X player the forearm rip with his right and an old fashioned shove with his left it wasn't flagrant!
OSU truly has the gods on their side so far.

Birddog

zags422
03-24-2007, 02:29 PM
yea that was pretty ridiculous. Especially since he started grabbing him a good 2 seconds b4 the shot even went up.

MedZag
03-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Anyone else getting annoyed by the color commentary as well? Sensing a little OSU bias.

Birddog
03-24-2007, 02:39 PM
re: commentary

I like Bill and Vern, we could have Len and James. they contribute next to nothing. Brown is tolerable barely, but Elmore is a tool.

Birddog

ZagAddict
03-24-2007, 02:40 PM
I could care less who wins this game, but this is the worst officiated game of the tournament in my opinion. OSU should thank each individual official after the game for this gift. They are treating Oden like Shaq is on the court...

Every OSU game has featured pro-OSU announcers the entire tournament. Reminds me of the GU-UCLA game last year. I feel for the Memphis fans right now...

Birddog
03-24-2007, 02:56 PM
When out little "boys club" met this am for our weekly meeting, it was pretty universal that in our collective opinion the uneven officiating was ruining the games. What can you do about it though? It's not like they are trying to be bad, jeez, these guys are supposed to be the best in the business. It's like they call the two halves totally different too, as if they meet at halftime and decide to call the 2nd half different.

Birddog

ZagAddict
03-24-2007, 03:09 PM
For starters I would suspend this entire officiating crew (OSU-Memphis game) from officiating another game in this NCAA tournament.

Long term... I would like to see the NCAA implement some kind of review process and incorporate a rating system for officials. The top rated officials should be given high-profile games. I guarantee a rating system would prevent Libby from getting every meaningful West Coast game...

dawgman1999
03-24-2007, 03:27 PM
For starters I would suspend this entire officiating crew (OSU-Memphis game) from officiating another game in this NCAA tournament.

Long term... I would like to see the NCAA implement some kind of review process and incorporate a rating system for officials. The top rated officials should be given high-profile games. I guarantee a rating system would prevent Libby from getting every meaningful West Coast game...

First of all, I don't think the officiating altered the outcome of this game. It wasn't really that close. When Oden went out with 3 fouls earlier in the 2nd half, Memphis was able to go inside - out and got back to the game. When Oden returned, the order was restored from the defensive end and pretty much took away the inside game and the guards penetration of Memphis. Oden's defensive presence and the fact that OSU made their FT down the stretch was the difference. What Oden did on the offensive end was just extra.

On that basket, it was clearly an intentional foul. The player made no effort to strip the ball from Oden. Even if it wasn't an intentional foul, it would've been a basket + and one. That call did not altered the outcome of this game. And frankly, after you watched the game, how can you say OSU isn't a better team than Memphis?