PDA

View Full Version : Howz yer ol bracket?

Birddog
03-24-2007, 10:26 AM
3 of the last 4 years, I have participated in some local brackets, and quite frankly, I've done pretty damn well. Last year I won on one bracket pick , even though I didn't have Florida (no one did) and was 7th in the other out of about 25. It was a squeeker, but I won , so who cares if it was close, The year before I was out of town and didn't partipate. In 04, I won 1st and 2nd place, the only spots that paid, and was soundly booed by all for my great skill (fortune) Yeah right.. This year............

Oh my, what a mess. I filled out three brackets, and two of them are next to each other in last and next to last place. The other is mid pack in 14th. Oddly enough, I think I still have a mathematical chance with my last place bracket if GTown goes all the way. I'd be 2nd for sure, because only 2 of us picked GTown. Oregon is one of the main reasons I'm sucking so badly, so needless to say, I'm not giving those friggen Ducks any love. If somehow I can pull this out with GTown, they are gonna think I'm a genius, which of course is far from the truth as many of you already know.

GO HOYAS!!!!!

Birddog

ZagManFan
03-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Well, I have Memphis and Oregon in the Championship game with Calipari and Memphis taking it home. Final 4 consists of UNC, Oregon, Memphis and GU.

soonerterp
03-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I shredded my bracket a week ago. Thankfully I wagered absolutely nothing.

While these are not representative of what my anticipated Final Four was, I have the feeling we're all being set up for some kind of end-all-be-all Basketball Armageddon: Kansas vs. North Carolina. Can you imagine how fired up both fanbases will be considering the intertwined history between both schools?

TheBeast
03-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm in two pools, and I'm 8th out 11 in one and 10th out of 11 in the other.
FUBAR

sittingon50
03-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I've got 6 of 8 left (the "chalk" worked this year), but only got 33 of 48 the 1st weekend; not that hot.

siliconzag
03-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Wisconsin (what a fool), Kansas, GT, and Ohio State. And I have KU winning it all. Something told me the favorites would do well this year, but it was a hunch. No CDC style logic behind it. I also had the Zags going deeper, and Creighton too. Memphis was supposed to have been derailed by the boys from Omaha. It has been a bad year. Marquette, Creighton, Zags all one and done, Xavier and BC out after two. Now remains only GT. How disgusting.

Sili

dawgman1999
03-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I had 5 of the 8 elite 8 teams. I had both OSU and Memphis in there, and OSU going all the way to the final. But I picked Pitt over UCLA, and Kentucky upsetting KU! Since I live in Chicago now, I had SIU being my surprise pick to the FF from the west. I correctly picked Oregon to get to the Elite 8 because how they played in the Pac 19 tourney. Of course, I have Florida beating them to get to the FF. I loved Durant so much that I picked Texas upsetting UNC and play Georgetown in the regional final. I have Georgetown winning that one. So I have Georgetown, SIU, Florida and OSU in the FF. I have Florida and OSU meeting in the final and Florida as the repeat champion.

Side note: if you just pick it by seeding this year, you would do pretty well. 7 of the top 8 seeds went to the Elite 8 and Wisconsin is generally thought to be the weakest 2 seed and Oregon was playing the best ball among the 3 seeds at the end of the year, so there was 0 surprise that these 8 teams getting to the Elite 8. I think a lot of people might have the entire Elite 8 right.

soonerterp
03-24-2007, 05:44 PM
While these are not representative of what my anticipated Final Four was, I have the feeling we're all being set up for some kind of end-all-be-all Basketball Armageddon: Kansas vs. North Carolina. Can you imagine how fired up both fanbases will be considering the intertwined history between both schools?

Well, so much for that!!

zagco
03-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I haven't missed a pick since last week. This week has been berry berry good to Zagco.

RenoZag
03-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I need either Georgetown or Florida to win the whole enchilada. . .otherwise, I'm out of the cash. . .

TrueLiz
03-24-2007, 08:28 PM
I have one board with Florida & Georgetown in the final, and one with Florida & Ohio St, so I'm still good there, but I think the number of failed upsets I picked in the first 2 rounds, doomed me overall. Long Beach St. over Tennessee may have been a bit of a "heart" over "head" pick.

Zagaholic
03-24-2007, 10:36 PM
I am currently 1st in the GU Boards bracket :)

SunshineZag
03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
I had 7/8 Elite 8 teams (thanks a lot, Gonzaga!) but so far I'm 0/2 with Final Four. So right now Memphis and Gonzaga are on my #### list. (Just joking!)

I have Gonzaga winning the whole thing, so even though I have 79 points and am currently winning my pool, I suspect that someone with the correct winner will beat me in the end. :(

Bulldog
03-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Oregon beats Florida and its clear sailing.

dawgman1999
03-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I had 7/8 Elite 8 teams (thanks a lot, Gonzaga!) but so far I'm 0/2 with Final Four. So right now Memphis and Gonzaga are on my #### list. (Just joking!)

I have Gonzaga winning the whole thing, so even though I have 79 points and am currently winning my pool, I suspect that someone with the correct winner will beat me in the end. :(

I actually have UW winning the whole thing in my bracket. Just kidding. I picked 3 of the final 4 teams again for the 4th year in a roll, thanks to Georgetown coming back from 10pts down. I have Florida, OSU, Georgetown and Southern Illinois (I live in Illinois now) in the FF. I have Florida and OSU advancing to the final and Florida winning the whole thing again. I have correctly picked the winner the last 3 years. Hopefully, I can do it 4 year in a roll.

mtzaga
03-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I picked Florida, Georgetown and Ohio State to make the final four. I missed UCLA over Kansas. I picked Florida to play Ohio State in the chipper with Florida winning.

Birddog
03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I picked Florida to play Ohio State in the chipper with Florida winning.
Reply With Quote If that werte to occur, and if Florida won, then those friggen Buckeyes would all be suicidal, which wouldn't bother me too much. I strongly dislike all things Buckeye starting with stickers that they plaster all over their helmets. As a kid and a football fan, we were always given a fair amount of Big 10 football back in the infancy of collegiate telecasts. Watching those Woody Hayes teams and his 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense made me a hater for life. It was right up there with Dean Smith and his "4 Corners" offense which of course wasn't offense at all but was definitely offensive.

Birddog