PDA

View Full Version : No on campus live camera yesterday

zagnut52
03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Did anybody else notice yesterday when the Gonzaga announcement of who we were paying and where, there was no live on campus camera or gathering of students or live cam at Coach Fews house??? I thought it was kind of strange. First time they haven't been live on cam, that I can recall...I was wondering what was up with that. No big certainly........can't wait till THURSDAY!!!!!!:D

bullzag23
03-16-2009, 09:20 AM
My roommates and I had this discussion yesterday when they showed which schools did have live cams. We think it's because just about every year they were there for selection sunday our crowd/team turned out to be less than enthusiastic for the seed/location given. Anyone remember the reaction from the 2002 team? I'm pretty sure that 6 seed wasn't what they were hoping for :D

LongIslandZagFan
03-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I think its better. Keep them focused and out of the spotlight. Heels, Duke, OK, TX, many others didn't have cameras either.

bullzag23
03-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I think its better. Keep them focused and out of the spotlight. Heels, Duke, OK, TX, many others didn't have cameras either.

As far as schools like UNC/Dook are concerned, they already know they're in with a high seed, so who would want to watch their reaction? Take UConn for example. They were shown their high seed, but they really looked as though they got what they expected(as they should have). The best reactions are the smaller schools who get really pumped up no matter who/where they are playing/seeded, as well as the schools that just get bumped out(you know, that 'what the F***' look). They do tend to stick with the happier schools though, if you hadn't noticed that SMC was not shown after their name didn't come up.

gueastcoast
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I noticed they had cameras at St. Mary's...did they (gulp) show them after the snub? :confused:

FWIW I think St. Mary's got completely jobbed. Three main things I had issues with were: 1) Memphis not being a 1 seed 2) St. Mary's getting bumped (presumbably for Arizona) and 3) only 4 non-"Power" at-large bids.

Leave the cameras at home except for the N. Dakota State's of the world, the crowd reaction there was pretty cool.

East Coast