PDA

View Full Version : TV coverage for eastcoast Zags

ZagMan in Philly
03-16-2009, 06:36 AM
It looks like eastcoast zags will not get to watch our beloved zags on local CBS station this thursday night at 725pm, due to the fact that Villanova vs American game will be on at the same time from Philadelphia.

So be ready to find other ways to watch Thursday's game, if you are in the east coast. This could be the same scenario on Saturday as well. It sucks...I have anticipated this, and have ordered the March Madness package on Direct TV, so I won't get shut out :) .

Go Zags!

Radbooks
03-16-2009, 06:49 AM
I suppose DISH Network doesn't have anything like this, do they? I still don't get my local CBS station because they are fighting with DISH and so I'm stuck watching the games online or going to a friend's house...

77Zag
03-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Someone on the board put up the link to the maps for CBS coverage last year, does anyone out there have the link to broadcast coverage map?

MedZag
03-16-2009, 07:19 AM
There's always...

http://mmod.ncaa.com/

MississppiZag
03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
I live in Memphis, so I am just praying for good luck. I think I have checked the guide 6 times already. Memphis loves Gonzaga and the only other game that could be a problem is the Texas/Minnesota game.

Anyone that has the regional map, it would be greatly appreciated to see a link.

USMC69
03-16-2009, 08:01 AM
I suppose DISH Network doesn't have anything like this, do they? I still don't get my local CBS station because they are fighting with DISH and so I'm stuck watching the games online or going to a friend's house...

Yea, me too. I did look ahead this morning on the screen guide and it did show the game listed on KIMA. I'm trying to fine out if they reached an agreement or if I'm headed to "the pub".

SwainZag
03-16-2009, 10:10 AM
It's not TV, but I heard on ESPN radio that every game will be broadcast online on CBS's website for free.

speed21
03-16-2009, 10:14 AM
It looks like eastcoast zags will not get to watch our beloved zags on local CBS station this thursday night at 725pm, due to the fact that Villanova vs American game will be on at the same time from Philadelphia.

So be ready to find other ways to watch Thursday's game, if you are in the east coast. This could be the same scenario on Saturday as well. It sucks...I have anticipated this, and have ordered the March Madness package on Direct TV, so I won't get shut out :) .

Go Zags!

If you go to ncaa.com and sign up for ncaa march madness on demand, you can watch every game live for free.

thespywhozaggedme
03-16-2009, 10:45 AM
It's not TV, but I heard on ESPN radio that every game will be broadcast online on CBS's website for free.

They've been doing this for five years now; that's how I watched the Davidson game last year from my hotel in Knoxville. All games are available everywhere.

lothar98zag
03-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Someone on the board put up the link to the maps for CBS coverage last year, does anyone out there have the link to broadcast coverage map?
something like this should be available tues or wed. someone will link it here.

Zagsker
03-16-2009, 02:48 PM

I watched a couple games on there last year...wasn't too shabby

Zagnailler
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I understand that the site (mmod) has been "upgraded" with silverlight this year and so should(?) have better video this year.

75Zag
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
If you want to watch any CBS game with a minimum of annoying cut-outs and "bonus coverage" moments that screw you out of GU minutes, go to a bar that has the feed from all of the CBS venues or order the new Direct TV package that has all the CBS feeds. Anything less will frustrate the hell out of you. Even if they lie and tell you that your game is the one for your area, they will still cut out for Dickie V's special comments or whatever else is going on.

Sure it's a Thursday. Everyone expects you to call in sick, so do it. That fellow you are scheduled to operate on with the open heart surgery can wait until Friday (probably!).

Get Thyself to a Bar!

Go Bulldogs! Pull Down the Zip(per)s!

vaboris
03-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Anyone know if they have those regional coverage maps out yet?

zagsmyboys
03-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I live in Spokane, but will be in Sanpoint, ID during the game. It should still be on the local chanel 2 at 4:25 .......Correct?

BobZag
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Correct, myboys. KREM-2.

If you live far away, now would be a good time to get to know a good sports bar nearby.

LongIslandZagFan
03-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I have to take a CPR course on Thursday... grrrrrr... starts at 7 and is 2 hours. Need to take this to keep my coaching license. Will be checking my phone regularly.

maineblackbear
03-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Here is the update--no more mouth to mouth--its just chest compressions. I think that is all you need to know. Tell 'em I said it was okay. mbb