PDA

View Full Version : Want a team to root for...OREGON!!!

ZAGduck
03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
as I posted on the "other board":

Okay..If you have figured out my handle, I love the Ducks..but also the Zags. I am a Zag almnus and they are #1 to me always. I am also a Duck fan, having lived in Eugene for 14 years and a Duck season ticket holder for 10 years.

I have no way of knowing what the future holds. I can't believe the Duck boosters want to run Ernie our of town. His record, good or bad, speaks for itself. Personal issues aside, it is about wins vs. losses. I love Ernie and what he has done over the last 10 years.

The rumors down here are stronger than ever...Kilkenny wants Few. This makes no sense to me. Ernie has gone on record that he will stay at Oregon as long as they want him, but he will listen to offers if "they don't want me anymore...Oregon owes me the opportunity to listen".

An Oregon offer would be very tempting to Few. Closer to the fam, equal opportunity for fly fishing, more $$$, and the chance to take OR to the next level.

At GU, coming in Few has the best recruiting class ever - and one of the best starting five ever. GU is a serious threat to make the Final Four in 2008. Stay the course and the opportunities are limitless.

Go to Oregon, and he will be dealing with a squad which will be no doubt angry with the Kent departure (who else believed in Tujuan Porter?) and will be in a transition year by default.

Grier will be a capable replacement at GU, but next year may end up being another rebuilding year - a waste of talent ready to strike.

Want to go to the Fnal Four next year? Root for Kent to make the Final Four THIS YEAR and take the pressure off the boot him out!!!

NVzag
03-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Oregon made me a nice chunk of change earlier this evening. Hurt to root for 'em against Winthrop, and it hurt even more against Vegas. But Oregon has been a gravy train for weeks and they've always been my football school anyhow. :)

My brackets will be kinda messed up if they beat FLA but I'm pulling for them anyway.

Go Quacks!

Nevtelen
03-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, I have Florida loosing (of course, I had to it Wisconsin, but oh well), so I suppose I should. Not that it'll do my brackets good either way, but all my friends who selected Florida to repeat will get their brackets busted... heheheheh

I'm not that much of a Duck fan, gotta say, but I do like Tajuan Porter. That kid just doesn't know the meaning of "slow". Or "two-point basket" :)

BobZag
03-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm pulling for Appleby and Hawes. :lmao:

Birddog
03-24-2007, 10:30 AM
As luck would have it, you can't do that "Huck the Fuskies" type wordplay with the Ducks, but I would if I could.
They are gonna go down, you can't survive much longer relying on the 3 ball, but then I never thought they'd make it this far.

Birddog

SpudDawg
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
No.

mdZag23
03-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm all over the Ducks!

It puts a smile on my face to think of the looks that will be on all these Prius driving Husky fans faces come Sunday if the Ducks make it to the Final 4.

btzag
03-24-2007, 11:53 AM
The Duck/Husky rivalry is hilarious. I've lived in both fanbase area's and they truly hate each other but are so similar it's laughable. You can listen to Duck fans complain about the $ and ego of the Dawgs one day and the next they are discussing a proposed 150-200 million dollar arena! Or their new locker room, or how great their new uni's are, or Belotti's new contract, or.... you get my point. I throw both programs in the same boat and root AGAINST them every chance I get! :)

VaBeachZAG
03-24-2007, 12:17 PM
No rooting for the Ducks until they extend GU the respect of a home and home (on campus) series. The Duck's run to the final 8 should assure Kent another year at OU. Even though I believe the only programs that could pull Few away from GU are Zona and the Ducks, I would expect nothing short of a name your own salary offer from Zona to pull him away from the 08 Zags (the 08 possibilities at GU are just too great).

dawgman1999
03-24-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm pulling for Appleby and Hawes. :lmao:

BZ: I understand there is a rivalry between GU and UW, but if GU were to make it this far, I would root for GU, because we are both from the NW, and from the same state. But I can't do the same for the Ducks, especially after the cheap shot Aaron Brooks had on Appleby last year.

But regardless, I think they are goingdown tomorrow against Florida. Noah / Hortford will eat them alive from inside. UF has the inside / outside balance that Oregon can't match, and their big mans are athletic and can run down the court to get back on the defensive end.

ZagSlug
03-24-2007, 05:01 PM
I dealt with Kent when he was at SMC. I will never support his team.

Other than that, I am all for west coast schools that are not UCLA. :p