PDA

View Full Version : Do we keep Tommy L?

Russell Bevan
03-23-2007, 10:27 PM
If Billy heads south to the slim gym will he take Tommy with him as his main assistant? Leon stays, he and Few are like brothers, but what of Tommy and possibly Kyle?

Tommy is a recruiting machine, ask R. Turiaf.

All the best,
Russell

NVzag
03-23-2007, 10:31 PM
My best guess, but pure speculation:

Tommy stays and moves up the ladder a rung.

Bankhead goes w/Greir to get out of the G/A spot and into a 'real' assistant position.

btzag
03-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Maybe Tommy leaves but I don't see how that's a good move for him. He stays and like it was mentioned before, moves up the ladder a rung at one of the elite schools on the west coast. If he goes to San Diego he's still an assistant but for a worse team no matter what Grier does with them. Plus if he wants to eventually move on to a head coaching job, being a GU assistant looks a little better than USD assistant and I've got to imagine GU assistant coaches make more $$ than USD counterparts do. Just my opinion though...and could be proven wrong.

BobZag
03-24-2007, 08:41 AM
If Billy heads south to the slim gym will he take Tommy with him as his main assistant? Leon stays, he and Few are like brothers, but what of Tommy and possibly Kyle?

Tommy is a recruiting machine, ask R. Turiaf.

All the best,
Russell

Russell, you know better than to ask this.

ZagAddict
03-24-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't see any of our assistants leaving... no one left with Monson for Minnesota. Grier had an opportunity to move to the next level in his career. I don't believe that any of our assistants really take a step up by going to USD with Grier (minus possibly Bankhead). I really believe that this coaching staff truly believes they will be a legitimate Final 4 contender within the near future... no one would leave unless it was an opportunity that was too sweet to pass up.

Just remember... coach Leon turned down the Idaho coaching job last year to stay at GU as an assistant.