Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

zag twitters

zag twitters:

*akron likes to call itself the Gonzaga of the East
    *the game -- zips v zags -- shld make headline writers ecstatic
    *2nd rd gm: western's most famous alum is clem the gem haskins, who had more than a little to do with the ascendance of the Zag program
    *2nd rd gm: the Illini killed one of DDD's teams one dreary winter afternoon but that squad was loaded w NBA plyrs
    *Possible SS foe UNC, of c, lost to the Zags (Matts coming out party) in the Garden, which seems like 100 yrs ago; most of those Heels are still there
    *wasnt Zona (vs Blake's SS team) better than the Heels are this yr, at least w respect to pro prospects?
    *UDub got shafted; that draw is very Zagesque of recent yrs
    *When will a pundit point out that the Zags began the season running the OS thing table agst 3, count em, 3 Big Dance invites?
  • rawkmandale
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

True, the UW got a tough draw. Is Miss St scarier than Akron? Probably, yes. Is Purdue scarier than Illinois? Well, duh. UConn vs. N. Carolina? Well, not so much - but that is a long way down the road.

I'll be rooting for both schools from the State of Washington.

Comment

• TokyoZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

all good points jazz

* Doesn't nearly all the east side mid-majors call themselves "the next Gonzaga" or the "Gonzaga of the <location>"

* All of Zags loses are in the the tourney also

* At the end of the Bracketology show on ESPN, _everyone_ picked UNC to the elite eight

Comment

• Nevtelen
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Actually, I think UW got a pretty easy draw - the Miss St team I saw play today wouldn't have even won the WCC this year. I also think Purdue could be dangerous, but they have really underachieved all year. I like UW's chances to be in the Sw 16 this season.

Comment

• 23dpg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
          Actually, I think UW got a pretty easy draw - the Miss St team I saw play today wouldn't have even won the WCC this year. I also think Purdue could be dangerous, but they have really underachieved all year. I like UW's chances to be in the Sw 16 this season.
          Of course not, they would have had to beat Gonzaga to do that.
          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Nevtelen View Post
            Gotta agree with this post. The Cougs beat Miss. St. fairly easy in the Legends Classic.
            "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

Working...
            X