PDA

View Full Version : zag twitters

jazzdelmar
03-15-2009, 04:42 PM
zag twitters:

*akron likes to call itself the Gonzaga of the East
*the game -- zips v zags -- shld make headline writers ecstatic
*2nd rd gm: western's most famous alum is clem the gem haskins, who had more than a little to do with the ascendance of the Zag program
*2nd rd gm: the Illini killed one of DDD's teams one dreary winter afternoon but that squad was loaded w NBA plyrs
*Possible SS foe UNC, of c, lost to the Zags (Matts coming out party) in the Garden, which seems like 100 yrs ago; most of those Heels are still there
*wasnt Zona (vs Blake's SS team) better than the Heels are this yr, at least w respect to pro prospects?
*UDub got shafted; that draw is very Zagesque of recent yrs
*When will a pundit point out that the Zags began the season running the OS thing table agst 3, count em, 3 Big Dance invites?

rawkmandale
03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
True, the UW got a tough draw. Is Miss St scarier than Akron? Probably, yes. Is Purdue scarier than Illinois? Well, duh. UConn vs. N. Carolina? Well, not so much - but that is a long way down the road.

I'll be rooting for both schools from the State of Washington.

TokyoZag
03-15-2009, 05:10 PM
all good points jazz

* Doesn't nearly all the east side mid-majors call themselves "the next Gonzaga" or the "Gonzaga of the <location>"

* All of Zags loses are in the the tourney also

* At the end of the Bracketology show on ESPN, _everyone_ picked UNC to the elite eight

Nevtelen
03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Actually, I think UW got a pretty easy draw - the Miss St team I saw play today wouldn't have even won the WCC this year. I also think Purdue could be dangerous, but they have really underachieved all year. I like UW's chances to be in the Sw 16 this season.

23dpg
03-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Actually, I think UW got a pretty easy draw - the Miss St team I saw play today wouldn't have even won the WCC this year. I also think Purdue could be dangerous, but they have really underachieved all year. I like UW's chances to be in the Sw 16 this season.

Of course not, they would have had to beat Gonzaga to do that.

ZagLawGrad
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM

Gotta agree with this post. The Cougs beat Miss. St. fairly easy in the Legends Classic.