PDA

View Full Version : This mornings CollegeRPI bracket provides an interesting road.

ChicagoZag
03-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Jerry Palm has Gonzaga as a 4 seed in Boise playing Cleveland State. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

But, the second round opppnent is likely UCLA. In the third round? How about Connecticut. Regional finals would potentially be Memphis.

Too bad he could not have lined up Wyoming, Arizona or Nevada as our first round opponent. Would have been a complete set.

The glass half full thinking tells me how wonderful it would be to run such a gauntlet.

Really, I just can't wait for tonight when I can stop looking at pretend brackets.

seasontixholder
03-15-2009, 06:20 AM
As a 4 or 5 seed, GU is going to face a respectable team, regardless of the jersey.

Matchup is the key. The teams that provide us the most trouble are a motivated "skills" team with a clever point guard or a super-athletic one with a legit center. Thus, GU would do well against a team like Washington or UCLA (where there are vacancies at center and the cleverness is a weak point), and struggle against the Memphises or last year's Davidson.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I agree with Season's assessment of our biggest weakness being a dominant point guard on the other team.

In my opinion, the worst first round matchup GU can draw is VCU, with now senior PG Eric Maynor. They don't have the center Season mentioned, but they would still scare me.

My ideal seeding draw: GU a 5 seed in the same bracket as the 4 seed Washington, in either Portland or Boise.

rawkmandale
03-15-2009, 02:05 PM
With just the top seeds announced so far, it looks like this road might be a possibility, as Memphis is likely going to be shipped west.

rawkmandale
03-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Shipped out again! If they give us VCU anywhere near Virginia - I'm going to crap bricks all week.