PDA

View Full Version : If I could take one guy from any team to be a Zag...

sanfranzagsguy20
03-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I think I would take Brandan Wright...I know there are there better and more established scorers out there (i.e. durant and others) but i think this kid will develop into a dominating post presence...as a frosh he has a great touch and feel for the game already...and those long arms...he would have been amazing to have...im sure every d1 team is saying the same thing...but i thought i'd throw it out there that brandan would look especially good in a zag uni...not that anyone has ever looked bad...jmo after watching the tourney up to this point

El Voce
03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Jon Brockman of UW. He was a wasted talent over there this year.

Wolkster
03-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm partial to Josh Gibson from USC.

smen1
03-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I would either take Marcellus Kemp or Alando Tucker, I feel like both of those guys make a huge impact in nearly every game they play...i keep thinking what it would have been like if Kemp had signed with us...

thickman1
03-23-2007, 08:45 PM
hmm, good question.

I think I'll go with either Brockman from UW or Kyle Weaver from WSU. I love Kyle Weaver.

RebornZag
03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I'd take Porter from Oregon. Afterall, we are GUARD UNIVERSITY. :D I could see him with Pargo, Bouldin and Downs....Nice balance. We all know we need a 3 point shooter, and Porter has been really lighting up the NCAA tournment. He's my favorite player right now out of all who are left. And, MY GOD!!! He's what? 5' 6" tall...:lmao: We need someone badly in the Quintin Hall mold....Porter fits that AND MORE>>>>

NVzag
03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Tyler Hansbrough.

NO ONE outworks that guy.

zags422
03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
julian wright from Kansas University.

CDC84
03-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Kevin Durant. He would fit in well anywhere, but especially in Gonzaga's offensive system :)

I also like a number of the Florida kids...especially Horford and Brewer. Total warriors, but also talented. Many of those Florida guys would fit in perfectly at Gonzaga due to their offensive versatility.

You've got to pick kids that would be appropriate for Gonzaga. Julian Wright is my favorite player on that Kansas team, but I don't know if he would be a good fit for Gonzaga. Don't get me wrong, he'd fit...but perhaps not as well as others.

SunDevilGolfZag
03-24-2007, 05:57 AM
I'd go under the radar and take Malik Hairston -- a perfect Zag type player who is versatile and tough

Nevtelen
03-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Depends on who else we had around them, but this year Brockman would have been my choice. Man, him and Josh would have really really achored our front line.

I also like Ryan Anderson, but I think that Micah and Josh overlap a lot of his stengths so he wouldn't have been as useful.

sonicfan84
03-24-2007, 09:33 AM
We don't have any players that are as good as Durant or Wright, but we have players that have the same type of skill set and the same type of game. If we could pick one other player, I don't see how Oden is not the choice. He makes up for any defensive shortcomings on the team by himself.

BobZag
03-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Do the Lopez twins count as one? :)

dawgman1999
03-24-2007, 03:18 PM
We don't have any players that are as good as Durant or Wright, but we have players that have the same type of skill set and the same type of game. If we could pick one other player, I don't see how Oden is not the choice. He makes up for any defensive shortcomings on the team by himself.

After seeing the OSU - Memphis game, I have to agree with you. I am a big Oden fan. Nobody affects the game on the defensive end like Greg Oden. It's just not the same when he's on the bench for OSU. When he's out, Memphis just went in and attacked them. But when he's in, it's not just how many shots he blocked, but how many shots he altered because of his presence inside. With Oden, the guards can afford to gamble on their perimeter defense, because they know that the big guy inside will clean up any mistakes they make. This will greatly help Gonzaga's perimeter defense, because they can extend it futher and guard the 3 better.

Durant might be as versatile offensive prospect as any, but defense wins championship. Greg Oden and Dwight Howard will dominate the NBA in the next 15 years from the defensive end.

RebornZag
03-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Afflalo sure looked good today though. WOW!!! He hit every BIG shot the Bruins needed. And he's very good defensively and rebounder.....

Zag79
03-26-2007, 09:11 AM
brockman, tyler or oden are all good picks that would fit great into our system. put josh to the 4 and sit one of these guys in the post. with our guards that would be dominating.

ZagSlug
03-26-2007, 09:18 AM
I would take Oden or Brockman for last years team, they would definitely fill a need. I am tired of Hansbrough and announcers saying how tough he is, yes he played with a broken nose but tough guys don't have facial expressions like he displays.

I am partial to Oden because he looks like he is about 32 years old with that beard. Reminds me of one of the guys Ali fought back in the 70's

sdzag
03-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Durant, he is total package, can't pass on that.

Second choice would be Deon Thompson, Just because we almost got him and he could have helped soooo much on the inside this year.

zags422
03-26-2007, 09:32 AM
I've found a loophole, I would take Michael Jordan from the early 90's Chicago bulls team. Any guy, any team. Definitely would have to go with Michael.

sonuvazag
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Easy question.

Bill Russell, as is.

drnoe
03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Kevin Love, in a hearbeat.

tobizag
03-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I'd take either Oden or Tyler

Zag79
03-26-2007, 12:08 PM
but tough guys don't have facial expressions like he displays.

love your posts zagslug but that theory is so played out. one problem with hoops is choosing people based on their looks, i.e. raivio, ty, micah, etc. it overvalues a tough guy look and doesnt pan out.

ZagSlug
03-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Not his looks, his facial expressions. Especially after a call that does not go his way. I will admit that all the hype about him does not help, many people hated Adam for his look and hype last year too.

I am used to that blank look that many players have showing little expression as with Micah and Derek.

beatProgram
03-26-2007, 01:09 PM
If we're going to deal in fantasies and hypotheticals...

I'd love to have been able to keep the leaner meaner J.P. Batista on the team one more year.

He's become the all-around package since trimming down and gaining some hops after heading overseas.

HillBillyZag
03-26-2007, 01:15 PM
I like Brockman, Luke Harandoty of Notre Dame, Nate Funk, or A.J. Graves.

zaglawdad
03-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Jon Brockman. He comes to play every game. He makes everyone around him better. I can only imagine what he could do for Heytvelt. If I can't have Brockman then give me either Collison or Afflalo. They can shoot, run the court, and perhaps teach a few other Zags how to play defense.

Rubbadub
03-26-2007, 01:28 PM
What, no votes for ryan appleby? Just kidding... the player i REALLY would have liked to have this year is Josh Heytvelt. That would've helped a bunch.