PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Bright, Schrempf, Bjornstad

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2009, 06:05 AM
I watched most of Bellevue's easy win over Union in the AAA quarterfinals last night. Bright had 15 points, with most of his playing time at the 2. It was an easy win for Bellevue and their coach used his bench liberally--Bright could have easily scored more Alex Schrempf was very impressive--runs the court well, and has some hops.

I also saw about 3 quarters of Columbia River's game against Rainier Beach, and was very impressed with Steven Bjornstad. Bjornstad had 21 points and I didn't see him miss a shot from the field. He was a huge presence on both ends of the court. Bjornstad is very effective in the paint and has an assortment of nice offensive moves and uses both hands well. I'm not sure CR's win over Beach was an upset. Tonight's semi-final between Columbia River and Bellevue should be very interesting.

Kiddwell
03-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Angelo,

Do you know (1) whether the Zags are recruiting the kids you mentioned, (2) how hard they're recruiting each, and (3) whether there's equivalent interest between the recruits and the Zags?

Thanks.

:]

BobZag
03-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Bjornstad is committed to Nevada, I believe.

It's always difficult to determine just how hard Gonzaga is recruting someone but their was a Zag coach watching Bright.

75Zag
03-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Lots of chatter that Alex Schrempf may walk on @ UW or even go to U of Portland as a scholarship player to play with his buddy Sikma.

Bjornstad is committed to Nevada.

I know nothing about Bright.

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
The Wolf Pack has a very nice recruiting class with Bjornstad, Elliott, and McLaughlin. I'd love to see Nevada back on the Zags' schedule in the future.

zagzealot
05-15-2009, 09:15 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2009222113_webschrempf15.html

BobZag
05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2009222113_webschrempf15.html

Darn! I sure like his mom. :D

kitzbuel
05-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Darn! I sure like his mom. :D
Apparently you and Detlef have something in common :)

MBZags
05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
FWIW, at a summer league tournament last night, Bright said he wanted to play at a warm-weather school and is leaning toward Stanford. Combined with the fact that GU didn't offer Bright when he visited, I think it's pretty safe to say he's not coming to Gonzaga.

He also said Arizona pretty much botched his recruiting with everything that is going on down there, which isn't surprising.

BobZag
05-15-2009, 10:12 AM
When Vilarino committed, I felt the air go out of the Bright-Zags recruitment.

cjm720
05-15-2009, 11:34 AM
When Vilarino committed, I felt the air go out of the Bright-Zags recruitment.

Definitely. Few didn't want to gamble on possibly getting a recruit next year when he could get one this year that perhaps could be better. Who knows on the latter, but I have a gut feeling that Few will want to redshirt Ill Vil to stagger talent given the number of players we have coming in. Then again, at this rate of recruiting we'll reload sooner than later. Will be fun to see the progress of the new guys.

go zags!!