What happens to Kansas? (related to GU's seeding)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NotoriousZ
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

What happens to Kansas? (related to GU's seeding)

Does Kansas drop below us in Lunardi's bracket tomorrow after their loss to Baylor? Currently they're the third 2 seed, and we're the second 4 seed.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!
  • Pleasant Peninsula
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2008

3 seed here we come???

Comment

• krozman
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
      3 seed here we come???
      I think we're more likely to be a 7 than a 3 still.
      Krozman
      GU student 1996-2000
      Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Bogozags
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by krozman View Post
        I think we're more likely to be a 7 than a 3 still.
        I think there is much wishful thinking regarding our seed at the Dance. I feel it will be closer to a 6 or 7 seed. I would prefer us as a 5 or 6 seed, playing against either a 2 or 3 seed in the SS. Do not want to see a Pitt or Memphis in the SS.

Comment

• Pleasant Peninsula
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Mar 2008

I think a 3 seed is unlikely, too. A 4 is possible, probably likely at this point. They could also be a five. There is no way...repeat...no way that Gonzaga is anything less than a 5 seed.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

4 or 5. GU gets a 4 depending on how the major conference tourneys shake out. There are an awful lot of major conference teams who are in that 6 to 4 seed range that don't have overwhelming records vs. the RPI top 50. For example, UCLA is currently 3-5 vs. the RPI top 50. Gonzaga is 6-3. But the major conference squads all have a chance to build up their top 50 win count.

Some teams to keep your eye on:

Villanova
            UCLA
            Illinois
            UW
            Mizzou
            Xavier
            Florida State
            Purdue

Comment

• Zag4Hire
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Bobby Knight said yesterday on the 'Tirico & Van Pelt' Show that the BCS tournaments don't affect the top seeds as much as they do in the mid-major tournaments. For example, he believes it won't affect Kansas that much but Butler losing will drop them a number of slots. Looking at Lunardi's brackets today, Kansas did not move and I think Butler's fate has still yet to be determined (they are currently a #8 and I believe they were a #7 in the previous week). Butler..the only team that gets more shafted than GU.
              IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• rennis
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                4 or 5. GU gets a 4 depending on how the major conference tourneys shake out. There are an awful lot of major conference teams who are in that 6 to 4 seed range that don't have overwhelming records vs. the RPI top 50. For example, UCLA is currently 3-5 vs. the RPI top 50. Gonzaga is 6-3. But the major conference squads all have a chance to build up their top 50 win count.

Some teams to keep your eye on:

Villanova
                UCLA
                Illinois
                UW
                Mizzou
                Xavier
                Florida State
                Purdue
                agreed with everything except I believe depending on how the committee wants to plant the field there is an outside shot we move up to a 3...in a land far, far away, in a nasty, nasty region. Huskies and Tigers and Panthers, Oh My.
                Originally posted by Coach Few
                We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

I can't see Kansas moving much if at all because they won the Big 12 regular season title. That's going to count for something.

Comment

Working...
                  X