PDA

View Full Version : Rankings as of 3-16 - Top 10?

77Zag
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Where do you think the Zags will fall in the rankings as of next Monday, pre-tournament.
Kansas #11 just fell to Baylor.
With all the season end tournament activity, I can see the Zags in the top 10
prior to the Big Dance. You also have to factor in our big win vs SMC in the final of WCC

Go Zags!

zagsfan21
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I think the Zags will be top 10 on Monday. I doubt either Villanova or Wake Forest will win their conference tourney. There usually isn't too much movement in the polls between the last two releases, but I think winning the WCC will be enough to jump two teams.

MDABE80
03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Top 10 if others higher than us fall in their tournaments....which will happen. We can't screw up since we have no further games. Not sure if this will translate to a 4 or (heaven forbid)a 3 seed. To get a 3 seed would be bad IMO. Team's etting some rust on it now. Anything less than a swt 16 wold be disappointing. I hope Few's keeping the kids cloistered so they don't get swelled heads.
The need for toughness and precision is greater this time of the year than at any other time. Mental lapses (UConn) will cost dearly and end the tournament for us.

TacomaZAG
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
with a 3 seed???????? I don't think we'll get one but I don't see the harm in it. Falling from a 4 perch will hurt just as much as from a 3. I don't think we will fall early this year though, because of the D. A 3 would keep us from playing a 1 until the E8.

Can't wait until Sunday at 3:00, if the Cougs beat UCLA tonight I think we are a 4 in Portland.

Go ZAGS

Ikancagin
03-12-2009, 03:07 PM
They are already in the top 10 in the Sagarin rating.

dawgfather11
03-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Where do you think the Zags will fall in the rankings as of next Monday, pre-tournament.
Kansas #11 just fell to Baylor.
With all the season end tournament activity, I can see the Zags in the top 10
prior to the Big Dance. You also have to factor in our big win vs SMC in the final of WCC
Go Zags!

I was with you up until that, I do think GU will be in the top 10 come next week, that being said, Saint Marys is a big win maybe only in terms of it gave you the league title but other than that saint marys IS NOT a big win.

GoZags
03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I was with you up until that, I do think GU will be in the top 10 come next week, that being said, Saint Marys is a big win maybe only in terms of it gave you the league title but other than that saint marys IS NOT a big win.

Huff, puff and use all the caps you want -- but the fact of the matter is right now SMC is #46 RPI -- thus is listed as a "quality" win -- something Washington is woefully short of (despite winning the Pac 10 regular season title).

dawgfather11
03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
irregardless of whether they hang on to top 50 or not Saint marys is not a big win, seriously man, i'm not putting the zags down, but go tell that to anyone and they will laugh in your face.

cbbfanatic
03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
i find it funny that anyone trying to support, justify, etc a top ten ranking for gonzaga is bringing up lack of quality wins when discrediting another team... i dont see GU's "quality" wins being of the level that would warrant a top 10 ranking.

77Zag
03-13-2009, 08:20 AM

It will certainly elevate Bennett's vote in the coaches poll.

SMC was rated or in the "getting votes" category throughout the year - so we hammered a respected team by the polsters. In the ranking category, it was a big win.