PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology: 03/12/09

Zag4Hire
03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Still the steady hand at #4 vs #13 Cleveland State in Boise/Indianapolis Regional. Starting to look like I should request Friday off but I will hold off until Monday. Taco Bell Arena in Boise? Nice. Maybe I should pick some up before the game, if all holds true. Some quick observations:

*If Lunardi's picks hold up, I really like getting to the Sweet 16 at least.
*A Memphis-UW game would be an awesome display.
*I wouldn't look past the X-Men in that pod. It would be great if GU and Xavier made the Final Four a Jesuit Invitational.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Das Zagger
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
*A Memphis-UW game would be an awesome display.

I'd rather see a UW-GU match-up. If they don't play us in the regular season, I want them in the post-season.

siliconzag
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Never before did I think that in the same day I would be rooting for two of my most hated teams: Washington State and Stanford.

But alas, what happens to the entire seeding of the west if the Bruins and the Huskies go down on the very same night.

All I can say is Go Cardinal, Go Crimson (er, Cougars)!!!

Sili

hoopster777
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Duke as a #3 seed is scary, and very unlikely. If Kansas loses this game to Baylor, Duke will take their spot as a #2 seed. I DO NOT want to face Duke, I think they are a final four candidate (unless they face UNC along the way).

75Zag
03-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Please God. I promise that I will give up something enjoyable for for Lent in 2021 if you just put GU and the UW in Portland this year.

(Offer subject to certain conditions, not applicable in Nevada.)

Go Bulldogs! Beat The Next Guys!

brian_sun
03-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I'd rather see a UW-GU match-up. If they don't play us in the regular season, I want them in the post-season.

I second that. But as things stand now, UW and GU won't meet till the Elite 8 game. I think even if we lose the first game in the Pac 10 tourney, we'd still be a 4th seed team. If we win the Pac 10 tourney, we could go as high as a 2nd seed team. GU is a 4th seed team now, so there is no way they will meet a 2-4 seed team till the Elite 8. That means both teams would have to beat either the #1/#2 seed or #1/#3 seed team. The odds of that happening isn't very good.

hockeyzag
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't care who we face, we can play Memphis again for all I care, I just don't want to play Pitt. Anyone but Pitt. They are my pick to win it all. I truly believe we can beat anyone in the country, except for them.

hoopster777
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Also, the big 10 is NOT going to get more bids than the big east. Lunardi is completely out of his mind...

TacomaZAG
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM
a 5 in Portland than a 4 in Boise. Ideal would be both UW and GU in Portland, even if in different brackets. Talk about a tough ticket............

I don't see how we can get lower than a 5, no matter what happens in the BCS tourneys, so we should be in either Portland or Boise.

My biggest fear before the WCC tourney was that we might get upset in the WCC finals and get shipped to the east coast for a morning game as a 7 seed.

To me, it's more important that we play our first games on the west coast than who we play.

I like our chances against anyone, even Pitt. What concerns me the most now is the rust we will be accumulating over the next 10 days.

This is the best time of year for sports, March Madness followed by the Masters.

Go ZAGS

Go ZAGS

VinnyZag
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
This is the best time of year for sports, March Madness followed by the Masters.

Baseball opening day, too.

I agree that GU does NOT want to face Pitt. The Panthers are the worst matchup possible for this team.

ZagManFan
03-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Baseball opening day, too.

I agree that GU does NOT want to face Pitt. The Panthers are the worst matchup possible for this team.

What? A Will Foster vs Dejuan Blair matchup not what your looking for? I would love to see it. In a Final Four game of course.

gonzagulous
03-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't care who we face, we can play Memphis again for all I care, I just don't want to play Pitt. Anyone but Pitt. They are my pick to win it all. I truly believe we can beat anyone in the country, except for them.

Totally agree with you on that one. Blair would completely dominate us on the offensive boards.

speed21
03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Totally agree with you on that one. Blair would completely dominate us on the offensive boards.

And Pyscho T and Thompson wouldn't?

I would much rather face Pitt than UNC! I think you guys are crazy! But that is just me.