PDA

View Full Version : Shadle waxed at AAA state by Franklin

Angelo Roncalli
03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Peyton Siva and Vionte Reid had six assists apiece. Franklin shot 48% and assisted on 17 of its 24 field goals (including 10 three-pointers). The Quakers led by as many as 35 points when it was 62-27 early in the fourth quarter.

Shadle's Anthony Brown (WSU signee) had a team-high 16 points before fouling out. Shadle Park, which shot 21% in the first half, finished 13-41 from the floor (fueled by a late 11-0 run).

vandalzag
03-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Too bad for Shadle. Imagine how good this Shadle team would have been had a healthy Aaron Dunn not transfered and Michale Weisner had not moved to Walla Walla.

Zag 77
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Shadle really played poorly the last 3 weeks. Lost to Rogers (which is a fairy tale story in itself, going to state for first time since 1975), and had to come back through the loser's bracket to get a sport to state. Regardless of the happiness at Rogers, there is no way Shadle, after playing very strongly all season should have lost to a Rogers team with a losing record. Shadle also did not play well the last week of the GSL season. Franklin may be strong, but no way Shadle should have gotten waxed that badly. Flu bug? Injuries? Suspensions? Chemistry problem?

Gotta be more to the story than meets the eye.

Angelo Roncalli
03-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Did Rogers channel the Poydras brothers?

UberZagFan
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Don't know anything about Shadle or recent struggles, but Franklin IS that good.

GonzagaDynasty
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Shadle really played poorly the last 3 weeks. Lost to Rogers (which is a fairy tale story in itself, going to state for first time since 1975), and had to come back through the loser's bracket to get a sport to state. Regardless of the happiness at Rogers, there is no way Shadle, after playing very strongly all season should have lost to a Rogers team with a losing record. Shadle also did not play well the last week of the GSL season. Franklin may be strong, but no way Shadle should have gotten waxed that badly. Flu bug? Injuries? Suspensions? Chemistry problem?

Gotta be more to the story than meets the eye.

Ahh Shadle just isnt that good....... With Dunn and Humphrey last year, they were pretty darn good. Almost beat Ferris a couple of times, and were really their only competition all year... BUt without Dunn and Humphrey, I didnt expect too much from this group... A One man team it seems, Brown is pretty selfish and cocky. They dont like their coach, and there is always drama surrounding that. Not a very good program going there.

schwagzag
03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Man, I haven't been living in Spokane for a while. I thought GSL schools were 4A? Isn't Ferris still 4A? (my alma mater...)

Saxon_zag
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah they re-classified and a lot of schools went down to 3a.. FErris Barely held on to staying in 4A but yes they are still there. Anthony Brown i don't believe is even on scholarship from wsu.. not sure he had many offers but his mom works at wsu so he had an in.. Shadle was close with ferris in 1 game really last year.. i think shadle had it and blew an 8 point lead in the last minute.

Peyton Siva is crazy good as you all know. When ferris beat franklin at 07 state siva just looked like a freakish athlete and still scored 30. Made venoy overton look average

GonzagaDynasty
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah they re-classified and a lot of schools went down to 3a.. FErris Barely held on to staying in 4A but yes they are still there. Anthony Brown i don't believe is even on scholarship from wsu.. not sure he had many offers but his mom works at wsu so he had an in.. Shadle was close with ferris in 1 game really last year.. i think shadle had it and blew an 8 point lead in the last minute.

Peyton Siva is crazy good as you all know. When ferris beat franklin at 07 state siva just looked like a freakish athlete and still scored 30. Made venoy overton look average

I think you're right on. Shadle blew the Ferris game in the Regional Champ. Game. THey had the game won... like you said. They also lost in the last seconds towards the end of the year at SFCC, and the first meeting at Ferris was a good, close game too. I think Shadle was the 2nd best team in state, but lost composure at state.

BobZag
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Keep us posted on the Bellevue game today at 3:30 and Aaron Bright.

UberZagFan
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Don't know anything about Shadle or recent struggles, but Franklin IS that good.

Just in case anyone was wondering, USAToday has Franklin at 14th in the nation:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketball/poll/2008-09-super25m.htm

Spokanicoug
03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
You gotta wax on, wax off.

zagzealot
03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Hmm, well, I have a different take on Anthony Brown. If you've ever seen him play in person he looks like a man among boys. It may come off as selfish and cocky but kind of hard IMO to play at a level of high school talent when you have athletic gifts like this kid. If you had the privilage of seeing him play in the year end showdown vs GPrep you'll know what I'm talking about. I hope he does well at WSU. He gave a verbal to WSU his sophomore year and has signed since.

From a 12/18/08 Spokesman article:

“It’s kind of ironic,” Brown recalled earlier this week. “My mom met (assistant coach) Ron Sanchez at the airport one day. They didn’t know who each other were and he told her, ‘We have an interest in your son.’ ”

WSU ultimately offered and he accepted.

“They said they really liked me as a player,” Brown said. “(Former coach) Dick Bennett told me I could be a very special player.”

There were indicators why. His length, athletic ability and unselfishness were enticing. He loves assisting teammates, but Brown also proved he can score"

Good find Uber. I think Franklin may make anyone look bad this year.

Kaduce
03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Ahh Shadle just isnt that good....... With Dunn and Humphrey last year, they were pretty darn good. Almost beat Ferris a couple of times, and were really their only competition all year... BUt without Dunn and Humphrey, I didnt expect too much from this group... A One man team it seems, Brown is pretty selfish and cocky. They dont like their coach, and there is always drama surrounding that. Not a very good program going there.

I beg to differ. I hate when people make comments about people like this on a message board.

Do you know Brown? That's what I thought.

Angelo Roncalli
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Bellevue leads 33-27 early in the 3rd quarter.

cggonzaga
03-11-2009, 03:56 PM
I watched Brown quite a bit this year and he's one of those athletes that is so smooth it appears he's not even trying. Some games it looked like he was trying to be too good a 3 point shooter when he should've just been driving and dishing or finishing at the rim. He'll be very good at Wazzu. Think Kyle Weaver but a much better shooter. Shadle was just too small and eratic at the guard position to do anything at state.

ZagLawGrad
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
The move by SP to 3A didn't work this year for boy's b-ball, but the girl's volleyball team did win a state championship they likely would not have won last fall had they been in 4A.

mdZag23
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Simply the best guard in the state. I'm not sure that there has been a better high school player in a long time than this kid. He can flat out play the guard position better than a lot of college players. Great shooter, can't tell what his off hand is, distributes the ball to teammates, and completely understands the game and how it needs to be managed.

that's why Franklin is sooooo good this year!