PDA

View Full Version : Zags 1 of 5 in new Nike Pro Combat

Section 116
03-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Gonzaga is one the initial five universities selected to wear the new line of Nike Pro Combat. The Zags, along with Duke, Mich. St., Memphis and of course Oregon will be dressed from head to toe in the latest line of apparel.

Link: http://www.wwd.com/footwear-news/nike-debuts-college-basketball-uniforms-2063678?gnewsid=03aac493e37a6954de544e3649fb9cc3

kitzbuel
03-11-2009, 10:20 AM
When did basketball players start wearing pads?

ZagRum
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
The backs are not nearly as nice as the front.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6551670...7615007419759/

mainer6
03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I coach at a community college soccer program, and one of the biggest recruiting tools we have are nice warmups, good uniforms and plenty of free gear. Kids that age really go for that stuff. So, although it might seem like a small detail from some perspectives, this is the kind of thing that might swing a kid GU's direction over another, less decked-out school.

BobZag
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
When will they debut? Next season or next game?

Qhall43
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
They debuted in Vegas. They were the unis with the "Go Zags" written on the back.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090310005479&newsLang=en

MedZag
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
The vertical lines on the whites looked kinda cool at the WCC. Think its a little more pronounced on the blues, but that may be the lighting of the press shot. Think the GO ZAGS is kind of ugly, but kinda like how its low enough its mostly if not all tucked into the shorts. Like a small hidden reminder of fan support.

tobizag
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
anybody got detailed pictures we can see? from what i can tell, the links provided only show the one photograph. i noticed the stripes at the games, but didn't see the "go zags".

gu03alum
03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I provided links in this thread and a few other members found some other links too with pictures.

zag uni thread (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=19040)

SwainZag
03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
:D This is one of those moments if you sit back and think, Nike selected GU as one of 5 schools to debut these jerseys. I mean really, it's quite amazing how far the program has come.

Section 116
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
guo3alum, sorry I didn't see your previous mention of the new uniforms! Just returned from the tournament late yesterday afternoon and didn't read all the threads in their entirety. Just wanted to give you credit where it is due.

Salsageek
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
totally agreed. I was thinking the same thing when I saw this post.

I don't see no u-dub! :p

:D This is one of those moments if you sit back and think, Nike selected GU as one of 5 schools to debut these jerseys. I mean really, it's quite amazing how far the program has come.

gu03alum
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I may have come off a little abrasive and for that I am sorry. I just figured rather than reposting the pictures I would provide a link to the other thread. This topic probably deserves its own thread. I kind of hijacked a black uni thread.

KOzag08
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
If it were up to me, they wouldn't have all those stripes and the "GO ZAGS" on the back o the jerseys and shoes. That's not a REAL basketball uniform. It's too flashy and weird.

IowaZag
03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
So THAT'S why we played so well in Vegas. I thought the team was clicking, but I guess it was due to the "engineered mesh," "zoned cooling," and "reduced fabric density" of the uniforms. St. Mary's probably would have won if it weren't for the competitive advantage Nike gave us.

Ok, I'm kidding, but it's nice for Nike to pick us. They were cool-looking unis.

Zag4Hire
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I found this too. Don't know if somebody posted this:

Gonzaga University: The spiked collar of Gonzaga’s bulldog mascot inspired the circular spiked design while the school’s commitment to rise to the occasion led to a symbol of prosperity running vertically at the top. “Go Zags” is the design’s centerpiece.

http://dimemag.com/2009/03/new-nike-ncaa-tournament-uniforms/

ZagLawGrad
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM

Indeed

dpouley
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
totally agreed. I was thinking the same thing when I saw this post.

I don't see no u-dub! :p

What the hell does UW have to do with five schools that were selected for this? That comment is evidence that some people on this board have a serious complex.

webspinnre
03-11-2009, 09:13 PM
What the hell does UW have to do with five schools that were selected for this? That comment is evidence that some people on this board have a serious complex.

Indeed - I don't understand why everytime something goes well for the Zags, that the first thing people think of is UDub. Honestly, I very rarely think about Udub, and when I do, its mostly a "meh."

Zerogame
03-11-2009, 09:32 PM
This is an obvious ploy by the good people at Nike to entice certain coaches (4 of the best in the land) to see the light at the end of the tunnel. DUCKAMAINIA! Mr. Knight has a deal for you. A new basketball complex, exotic gear, Pro-Am playing partner, do I hear a growl? Maybe a man-made trout pond in the backyard? You’ve been sucked-in like a moth to flame.
Run! Run for your life!

Salsageek
03-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Whatever floats your boat man. I see it as voicing my opinion to my fellow Zag fans. Do you see me go barking on Dawgman.com?

I HATE UW and I will voice that on a Gonzaga board! ;)

CB4
03-11-2009, 11:16 PM
This is good to know for forming our brackets. Anyone that doesn't include all five of these teams in their elite eight is clueless, we have some good inside information. I can't even fathom a team wearing PRO COMBAT uniforms not making it that far.

dpouley
03-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Whatever floats your boat man. I see it as voicing my opinion to my fellow Zag fans. Do you see me go barking on Dawgman.com?

I HATE UW and I will voice that on a Gonzaga board! ;)

That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion. However, when you bring UW into a post that has nothing to do with them, just to espouse your hatred, you better be prepared for people to call you on the complex that you obviously have.

zagfan24
03-12-2009, 08:51 AM
never mind

Pargo the Destroyer
03-12-2009, 01:58 PM
These shoes are sick......

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/SEAHAWKS78/photogudunks.jpg