PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 03/11/09

thibaulm
03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Not much has changed since yesterday throughout the bracket except we have a new matchup. Cleveland St.

San Diego St is the team that got bumped out for the autobid of Cleveland St.

Also, Portland St is now inserted in due to yesterdays Weber St loss.

ZagManFan
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
A rematch with Arizona in the second round in Portland.....I LIKE

BobZag
03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Lunardi has Gonzaga as the 2nd-best 4 seed. A top 4 seed might put the Zags in Portland, but I'm fine with Boise. I think even a low 3 seed would put the fellas in Portland. A 3 is not out of reach but lots of help from others is needed. Likely a 4.

theirishzag03
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Lunardi has Gonzaga as the 2nd-best 4 seed. A top 4 seed might put the Zags in Portland, but I'm fine with Boise. I think even a low 3 seed would put the fellas in Portland. A 3 is not out of reach but lots of help from others is needed. Likely a 4.

Glad to see our Vegas Vacation has left an impression! I asked Lavin after the game where he thought we would be, he kept saying , "atleast a #4" Bardo said we are his #1 "Best in the West" as well. The thing I like now is Lunardi still has Gonzaga "moving up" so a #3 may still be a possibility. Our RPI was a #27 last I looked. With no more games it seems we can't drop back to a 5. Should be in the top 10 in the last poll.

I bet Vegas is sure glad the Zags won!!! The energy was crazy! If any other team had won, there would not have been 80yr old women starting chants of "UN-DE-FEATED" that rocked walkways and could be heard from the Arena to Hotel!!!

thickman1
03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Now you just hope that teams GU has played (Tennessee, WSU, Arizona, Maryland, Okie St, etc.) do some damage in their conference tourney's. It will only help GU's RPI. Maybe they sneak into the last 3 seed or that top 4 seed.

Bogozags
03-11-2009, 11:29 AM
A rematch with Arizona in the second round in Portland.....I LIKE

I do not want to play Arizona again until after Hill and Wise graduate! I just don't like the match-up between Wise and JP. They will be my sleeper pick to make the SS.

Four teams I don't want to play at the Dance: Memphis, Arizona, UNC and Pitt. I just feel those teams can really expose our weaknesses

mtzaga
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Not much has changed since yesterday throughout the bracket except we have a new matchup. Cleveland St.

San Diego St is the team that got bumped out for the autobid of Cleveland St.

Also, Portland St is now inserted in due to yesterdays Weber St loss.

Look for Montana State to beat Portland State. The #6 seeded Cats are on a roll after beating Montana and Weber on the road. Before that, they had lost 5 in a row, and 7 of their last 8. A week ago, Weber beat them by 20 in Bozeman. The Dee Events Center will likely be pretty quiet with the home team out.

Check out Will Bynum's dunk from last night. #1 highlight on Sports Center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVP4NR0Whw

NotoriousZ
03-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I do not want to play Arizona again until after Hill and Wise graduate! I just don't like the match-up between Wise and JP. They will be my sleeper pick to make the SS.

Four teams I don't want to play at the Dance: Memphis, Arizona, UNC and Pitt. I just feel those teams can really expose our weaknesses

Zona hasn't seen our best game yet. We played average at best against them and that game was in Arizona. I think we'll fare much better this time around, but won't the committee put AZ in another pod anyway since we played them this year?

dawgfather11
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
unless i'm missing something isn't boise closer to spokane than portland? That would mean the zags pretty much default to boise no? That's definitely the way I read it as of now. Almost set in stone GU to boise and UW to portland, saves each team the most money.

DrDrivel
03-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Not really. Boise and Portland by air are comparable in distance and flying time, but Boise is a 6.5 hour drive from Spokane (through Tri-Cities and down to I-84 - any shorter way ends up being more time consuming), while Portland is only 5.5 hours away overland-styles. Either way, I plan on being dressed up with my friends and making national TV again, though this time we'll have to think up something new. The tiaras, undersized shirts and mardi gras beads were a last minute thing; we can do better.

tenniszag
03-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Zona hasn't seen our best game yet. We played average at best against them and that game was in Arizona. I think we'll fare much better this time around, but won't the committee put AZ in another pod anyway since we played them this year?

Yeah the committee won't have any teams play eachother in the 1st and 2nd rounds that have already played during the season. So the only chance we have at Arizona is in the Sweet 16 or beyond. They need to beat ASU tomorrow though or they will be sweating out an at-large bid.

Bogozags
03-12-2009, 05:21 AM

We may not have played our "A" game against UA but this game was on a neutral court...meaning it wasn't on campus and without their regular student population present.

We have just not done well against teams that have strong, quick point guards and Hill was the strongest and most athletic post player we have played against this season and he had a very good game against us. Even Pendergraft from ASU has problems playing against him. This is why I do not want to face them. They will make the tournament again and will be a really tough out!

GUinSTL
03-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Not really. Boise and Portland by air are comparable in distance and flying time, but Boise is a 6.5 hour drive from Spokane (through Tri-Cities and down to I-84 - any shorter way ends up being more time consuming), while Portland is only 5.5 hours away overland-styles. Either way, I plan on being dressed up with my friends and making national TV again, though this time we'll have to think up something new. The tiaras, undersized shirts and mardi gras beads were a last minute thing; we can do better.

That WAS you!! At first I thought to myself, "No way. Dr.Drivel is a pretty laid back guy." But sure enough, your post confirms it. Too funny. Man that was a tiny shirt.

~B

DrDrivel
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, my phone blew up immediately after that. My mom... my grandparents... friends... it was then that I realized that everyone I know in this world has the commonality of Gonzaga basketball. I struggle to think of anyone I know well who wouldn't have been watching the game.

I was boarding the plane the next day and a classmate of ours walked by mentioning that he'd heard I was a big celeb now. I said something about how everyone I knew seemed to have seen it and contacted me and he said that even HE had gotten texts about it. Before that weekend, we hadn't seen one another in maybe 7 years. Good thing I didn't do anything too embarrassing, I guess.