PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Zags vs Vegas Zags

BobZag
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Well, which team played best?

My vote: Vegas Zags. The team looked tougher.

NotoriousZ
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Ooooooooooooooo tough call. Orlando Zags had Sacre, but Vegas Zags were very impressive. Orlando Zags didn't blow me away until the final game, while Vegas Zags were outstaning in both games. Guess I'd go with Vegas Zags also, but how about second half Pullman Zags? :D

Pure
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Viva LAS Vegas. Such a great team effort... Cant wipe the :D off my face.

Peeking at the right time... Go Deep Lads go deep....

TacomaZAG
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
with an honorable mention to 2nd half WSU Zags. Looking for Portland or Boise Zags to surpass both.

Go ZAGS

MedZag
03-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Vegas Zags smelled blood.

But I will give a nod to Wazzu Zags. Similar performance.

ZagLawGrad
03-10-2009, 05:49 PM
One thing for sure, the Zags have come full circle since Orlando. IMO we're playing exactly as we needed to be headed into next week

zagzilla
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
IMO the recent toughness shown by the team is directly attributable to our seniors realizing that their time is short and their window of opportunity is closing.

Josh plays defense and sacrifices his offense. Doesn't disappear for stretches at a time

Micah is more agressive with his offense responding to being re-inserted into the starting lineup

Jeremy is looking for his shot and slashing and letting MB distribute

As a result, I think the Vegas Zags beat the OSC Zags 78-70

thespywhozaggedme
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
I was in Orlando and we were destroying the competition, as we are now. The difference is the comp was better then, than it is now. I'm really excited, but am trying to control myself for fear of a letdown.

rennis
03-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Vegas Zags. Heytvelt is playing the best he's played all year. Even if all his stats don't show up on paper, his influence in the paint when playing like this is immeasurable.

-taking charges
-blocking shots
-altering shots

flat out daring people to drive the lane. LOVE it.

T-bonedazag
03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
While I loved the Vegas Zags, the Orlando Zags played three games against three teams that were much better than the 2 in Vegas so have to go with O-Town Zags

Go Zags!

primal23
03-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Vegas!!

applezag
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
They are flat-out playing harder and tougher now than then. They are also playing much more intelligently on both ends of the floor. What it takes in regards to smarts, toughness, and skill to win in March is much greater than November.

I hope I am not becoming overly optimistic, but it looks as though the Zags are peaking just in time.

FuManShoes
03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
The Zags were basically a perimeter team in Orlando. I'm much more comfortable with the balance now (and that's what's important - my comfort level). Everyone's exploring inside if not taking it strong. And the defense is as good as it ever was. I wager St Mary's, even with a banged up Patty, would give a few of the Orlando teams a run. Samhan and Simpson are no slouches, but the Zags shut down the perimeter. Different challenge against teams with faster, longer guards than Hughes and Hunter, but I still think the Zags showed an extra hungry attitude in Vegas.

PS - I really wish GU had played Michigan St in Orlando. Coulda meant they were looking at a 2 or 3 seed.

Zag79
03-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Vegas no doubt. The team is playing harder, the depth in rediculous, and we seem to be peaking at the perfect time.