PDA

View Full Version : Assorted Thoughts

Angelo Roncalli
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
In no particular order...

Best Kennel Club chant (directed at you-know-who): "Over-weighted, over-weighted."

Best sign in the stands: Omar Samhan at the WCC tournament: Airfare: $200, Room: $400, all you can eat buffet: Priceless.

Best deal, at the stage lounge in the Orleans: 5 bottles of beer in a bucket of ice: $6.25.

Most "interesting" national anthem performance: "The Sirens of TI":
http://www.treasureisland.com/images/ent/sirens_tre00384_344x258.jpg

Best national anthem performance: Ellie Smith, the twelve-year old girl who sang before last night's men's championship game. The kid could sing.

Energizer bunny: Courtney Vandersloot.

Amazing representation: the Zag nation. The Orleans was awash in Zag blue and red. I'd estimate that 80% of the fans in the arena last night were Zag fans. Over 300 people attended the alumni mass on Sunday, I'd bet there were more Zag fans at mass than there were USF fans at the tournament.

Best line by a journalist: Blanchette referring to Santa Clara as "SC Upstate."

Most fun: post game analysis with some of the board members, Den Diego Zag, SDZag, therunner and the rest.

Most deserving: Micah Downs.

Event I regret I missed: Russell and some former Kennel Clubbers closing down Pure. On second thought, maybe I don't regret...

Best meal: New York Strip at Joe's Stone Crabs.

PeninsulaDog
03-10-2009, 12:53 PM
The Sirens of T&I look like a nice bunch of kids.

Angelo Roncalli
03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
The Sirens of T&I look like a nice bunch of kids.

I think that "I" needs to be changed to an "A"

billyberu
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Not for nothing...I thought I'd pass this link that I caught over on the Don's board. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-k3tMMU1Y

MotoZag
03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I like the name "Sirens" haha. Everyone knows the folklore behind that right?

RomanZag
03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Over 300 people attended the alumni mass on Sunday, I'd bet there were more Zag fans at mass than there were USF fans at the tournament.

That is music to this clergyman/Zag fanatic's ears!

TM27
03-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Most deserving: Micah Downs.

Puts a cherry on top of one of the truly great "zag" stories. Kudos to Micah Downs....a great zag ambassador!

gamagin
03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Puts a cherry on top of one of the truly great "zag" stories. Kudos to Micah Downs....a great zag ambassador!

the better I feel, for MD, for everyone on the team. This kid has been on the cusp of "something" all season.

And what a time to break out AND be recognized for what he has toiled pretty much selflessly all season long -- at the culmination of a great tourney, a season sweep and a punched ticket to the dance.

Well done Micah ! I couldn't be more proud of you if you were my own son.

Go TEAM Zags !

HRZag
03-10-2009, 01:48 PM
BillyBeru, thank you for the link to the Youtube of that National Anthem.
That girl can really sing.

Are there any pictures of her?

That was stirring.

lothar98zag
03-10-2009, 04:29 PM

That was stirring.
http://gallery.pictopia.com/cstv_west/gallery/77737/photo/7874754/?o=42

bettingman
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM

That was stirring.

You can thank me for the video. I'm the one that posted it on YouTube (my friend that was with me shot it)

bettingman
03-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Over 300 people attended the alumni mass on Sunday, I'd bet there were more Zag fans at mass than there were USF fans at the tournament.

Were you there on Friday? Also, let me see how many Zag fans show up when your boys finish 7th. The Tournament was a good time and I hope your team doesn't flame out like they usually do in the Big Dance, but kickin' a brother when he's down is not very friendly, is it?

Love,

A USF Fan that was still in the House on Monday

RenoZag
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I was there Friday and enjoyed seeing Dior Lowhorn play in person. He's an amazing athlete.

webspinnre
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I was there Friday and enjoyed seeing Dior Lowhorn play in person. He's an amazing athlete.

Yeah he is - I was at the USF game when we played them at USF, and he was an absolute beast. And other than the ugly light yellow polos, the coaching staff seemed to be doing a great job as well.