PDA

View Full Version : The Zag future is LOADED.

HillBillyZag
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Grant Gibbs, Rob Sacre & Andy Poling redshirt and are largely forgotten while Gray, Matt, and Meech are deservedly given the laurels they earned during a great season. A kid from Jesuit who could probably start for a number of Div 2 schools will walk on and try to stick with Gonzaga. Sacre will be a bear in the paint.
Think about it, I have heard from numerous sources that Poling has the most refined offensive post moves of any pivot we have seen at Gonzaga And Grant Gibbs is basically a crew cut Matt Bouldin clone with a mid range jump shot. They say Manny Arop campares favorably with Meech and that Dower & Bol can jump out of the gym. And the largely unappreciated 7'5" Foster shows signs that as a senior he will not be satisified just sitting. . I love it, the secret of Gonzaga success has in the past been the the sum is always greater than the parts and now the parts themselves are more and more talented. How sweet it is. THANKS BZ. I got so excited with the rest that I left out arguably the best.

BobZag
03-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Austin won't be too shabby, either. ;)

I agree with you, HBZ.

rawkmandale
03-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, can we add to the excitement by getting Joe Harris to verbal right now? We need another Eastern Washington kid to be on this fine team.

former1dog
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
What does this have to do with anything?

I have an older brother who's a bit of a Know-it-all and inserts himself into every conversation often in an off topic sort of way. We just kind of ignore him any more. :D

MDABE80
03-10-2009, 12:32 PM
We'll have the goods for years to come. I, unlike our UW fan Brian, am not willing to crown Gaddy until we see some college games in the D1 ranks.....not the usual Romar "stay at home and schedule the Sisters of the Poor" routine.

Lots of talent here already but the newcomers will enhance what already should be a Top 20 team. Coaches have done well to insure the future.

75Zag
03-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I am reluctant to post on a thread that has already "gone to the Dogs" (get it?) but I can't resist throwing out some positive karma for Andy Poling. At the tender age of 55 I have watched a lot of talent come and go at the high school level and at GU and elsewhere, but Poling is a very intriguing prospect. I believe he is easily in the top 5 players measured by basketball "IQ" from Portland Metro in the past 25 years. Great face-to-the-basket skills. Needs work on a jump hook, but plenty of people at GU to teach him, and I think I saw some progress on that during the exhibition season. His health issue in high school caused him to be painfully thin, but hopefully that is being addressed right now with a combination of big meals and weight room time. This kid has the potential to be something special at GU.

Go Bulldogs! Beat the Next Guys!

23dpg
03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Austin won't be too shabby, either. ;)

I agree with you, HBZ.

Bob, just my personal opinion but I think the second Austin Powers movie was the best.

Spokanicoug
03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I have an older brother who's a bit of a Know-it-all and inserts himself into every conversation often in an off topic sort of way. We just kind of ignore him any more. :D

Pwned.

zag67
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Do not forget Ellias Harris and Olynyk (who will possibly redshirt) are also coming in next year. Therefore if Austin stays, you would have Meech, Steven, Gibbs, and Matt for the 1/2. Kong, Arop, and sometimes (Daye, Harris) for the 3. Lastly you have Poling, Sacre, Dower, Harris, Daye and Foster for the 4/5. They are going to have some super practices. The coaches can truely mix and match depending on the team that they play. But we also have to remember that they will be young and have a lot to learn (both offense and defense). They should be fun to watch.
But go ZAGS in 2009, we will have a lot of time to spend on these scenarios.

HillBillyZag
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I beg to diagree about Matt Bouldin, brian sun, but Matt will add All-American honors to his dossier next season. Perhaps Gaddy is great, I'm sure those "folks in Seattle" (ala Woody Hayes description of Mich.) hope so. But ("those folks" ) can keep their weak stuff west of the cascades We play real hoops out here in the "Inland Empire" and they don't want any part of the Zags, or the Cougs, and maybe even the Eagles. No sled dogs need apply in this area.

BobZag
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I beg to diagree about Matt Bouldin, brian sun, but Matt will add All-American honors to his dossier next season. Perhaps Gaddy is great, I'm sure those "folks in Seattle" (ala Woody Hayes description of Mich.) hope so. But ("those folks" ) can keep their weak stuff west of the cascades We play real hoops out here in the "Inland Empire" and they don't want any part of the Zags, or the Cougs, and maybe even the Eagles. No sled dogs need apply in this area.

Completely irrelevent to how the Zags will be next year and beyond, which is what this thread is about.

HillBillyZag
03-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Sorry BZ, but HBZ has lost nothing west of the cascades. For now on HBZ will follow Woodys style and refer to Udub as "those folks out west".