PDA

View Full Version : Portland or Boise?

kitzbuel
03-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Where do you want the Zags to go? Where will they get the best 'home' crowd?

zagnut52
03-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Portland to me is the obivous choice, with the Raivios' and Dickaus' hailing from the area, its almost an away home court....:D

Zag 77
03-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Seattle was a great location for us too, but it did not help. This is all nice for the fans, but the opponent we get is probably more important.

zagking
03-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Boise!! Please please please

gu03alum
03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Seattle was a great location for us too, but it did not help. This is all nice for the fans, but the opponent we get is probably more important.

I thought Gonzaga made it to the Elite Eight in 99 playing out of Seattle.

I want Portland. I may have a hookup there for tickets.

zagco
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
If we come to Boise, they should get good support. There are, of course, plenty of Gonzaga alums and family down here. Bishop Kelly High School has long provided a pipeline of students, alums, fans, etc. Plus, Zagco has always found that non-Gonzaga people down here like and follow Gonzaga.

kitzbuel
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
and Zagco wouldn't have to travel.

EngineerZag
03-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Either one's fine with me since I won't be able to go :( Hopefully wherever we are we come out of there having won the weekend!

75Zag
03-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Portland will support the Bulldogs and probably cheer against UW out of general hatred related to the U of O - U of W football rivalry. As far as Boise goes, I know little to nothing about it. Stopped there to buy gas once. But better Boise than somewhere in Dixie.

Das Zagger
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't care where they go, as long as they play Washington in the second round. Baby Jesus, please, please let this happen, this NEEDS to happen.

CroatiaZag
03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
If we get seeded in the same city as UW, whether that be Portland or Boise, tickets are going to be tough. For right now I think all signs point to Portland for the Dawgs, but we'll see how their tourney goes....

I already booked my flight to Portland, though, because I believe that it will be easier to re-book to Boise if necessary rather than vice versa. Plus - the Boise games are Fri/Sun which are easier to get off work (for me).

Boise please.

UberZagFan
03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Portland, hands down. Portland is far easier for a far greater amount of GU fans to get to. Plus, all of those fans that have tickets regardless of who's playing there will more likely root for GU than against.

208Zag
03-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm pulling for Boise and I think GU would have good crowd support unless they play some one like a Utah State. Violette is from Boise (via Bishop Kelly) and the Sec. of State is a Gonzaga alumnus as well.

Boise, Boise, Boise . . . . please, please, please . . .