PDA

View Full Version : List some of your favorite Memories of the WCC Tournament

Reborn
03-10-2009, 06:22 AM
1. Josh hitting the floor diving for loose balls. He wins the "Big Balls" award this year.

2. How Josh has the look of a lion roaring after he dunks. Last night's dunk over Samhan (who did poke him in the heart) and how Josh just roared at him as he slithered back toward the defensive end of the court. Josh does have the heart of a lion.

3. Bouldin shreading defenses with the precision of a surgeon. You know how I love brilliant passing. I still think of Mick Mick (and where are you friend) and wonder what he thinks of the evolution of the team? I enjoyed all the things the announcers said about Matt last night (MD 40 is my favorite). I've been one who has been slow to warm up to Matt, and I've really been wrong about him.

4. That slick cross-over move by Daye agaist Bryant, and Lavin's comments. I really enjoyed having Lavin announce the games.

5. Pargo hitting back to back 3's and stealing the ball and missing that dunk.

6. Downs elevating his game at just the right time. I love his shot. But mostly I love his toughness. Analysts constantly question the Zags' toughness. I think it's because we're so skinny. But how can a guy like Downs, whose so skinny be so tough? 10 rebounds in the first half of the championship game. Now that's a memory.

7. Meech's in-the-lane fall-away jumper over Samhan for 2 more. The guy is fearless and tough. You want tough? Sometimes tough comes in small packages.

8. Gray drilling the 3's last night and that sweet smile returning. And the slick passes to him along the baseline. Oh yea! And that awesome leap when he was fronting Samhan last night and he did steal the ball while up in the air with one hand. I doubted that he had a 48" verticle until I saw him soar on that play. The guy has wings, man. And I love his reverse dunks after another steal. We seldom talk about his defense, but he can play D.

9. Mark Few hitting the chests of all his players after the game. I've never seen so much emotion from Few. You could see how proud he was of this team. And I think we should all be as proud too. The best may have finally appeared.

zagnut52
03-10-2009, 06:24 AM
How amped up the team has played the past 2 games!!! And Coach Fews' comments in John Blanchettes column on Tuesday morning. " If they continue to play like that, they're going to do some damage in the Big Dance." Agreed!!!!:)

75Zag
03-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Favorite activities / memories of Vegas. How about: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride. Extra pride in the Bulldogs after watching them stomp the competition.

Remember all you returning Zags, the Sacrament of Confession/Reconciliation is available at 3:30 on Saturday afternoon. From what I observed (no names please) some of you can use it. Time to roll back the old sin-odometer and get ready for the NCAAs.

Go Bulldogs!

kyle dixon
03-10-2009, 07:28 AM
The thing I will take away from this years tourney is two wins by a margin of 60 points. We did everything right. Pick and pops, screen and rolls, etc. Excellent work! It was a pleasure to watch these games on television. The boys this year have played through adversity and now can take claim as "Champions"!!!!

I think one thing that really has not been touched upon is that amount of support Zag Nation provided. Multiple times during the past two days it was mentioned by Lavin and Bardo how well the Zag fans travelled. Even for the womens games where 3000+ fans showed up to see the Zags cut down the nets. Fans, well done!

I anxiously look forward to Selection Sunday. Good work to the Zag men and women first, and Zag Nation second for the support!

Das Zagger
03-10-2009, 08:38 AM
The thing I will take away from this years tourney is two wins by a margin of 60 points.

Indeed. Gonzaga covered like a mother in both games.

NotoriousZ
03-10-2009, 08:43 AM
How about Downs' block-steal, and dive for the loose ball and calling timeout? He deserved the MVP! But great play by everyone, just perfect!!!

CDC84
03-10-2009, 08:53 AM
The play by Micah Downs last night where he beat Simpson to a loose ball and called a timeout really symbolized Gonzaga's effort in Las Vegas. A similiar hustle play by Pargo in the 1st half against SCU proved to be the turning point of that game.

Reborn
03-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I'd like to give a shout out to the fans and the Kennel Club as well. I was watching the games on TV, HD last night, and it was awesome. The noise incredible. I was listening to an inverview with Bouldin after the game on the radio, and he said the fans were huge. I believe him.

I also really liked the arena. It looked so awesome on TV, especially in HD. You could see the fans faces just as if you were there. The Zags seemed to have liked it there as well, as they shot the lights out for two days.

Great tournament with a ton of memories for sure.

ToreroStudent
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
My roommate Chris Lewis getting some pt and hitting some big 3's. :)

jazzdelmar
03-10-2009, 10:30 AM
the smile on MD's face after the 2nd game...

JoeZag
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
1. Josh playing incredibly tough, physical defense in both games against much bulkier opponents.

2. Simpson trying to get physical with Ira! at the end of the game and getting tossed around like a rag doll. I loved it!

3. The entire team showing grit and determination on both ends of the floor and stomping on inferior opponents like they should.

vandalzag
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Josh focusing on defense against Santa Clara when it was apparent that he was not going to be a big part of the offense, great team first approach. Also the energy of Micah Downs on both ends of the floor.

Another bonus was seeing the boys with no let up once a lead was established in the second half. Good to see them powering through rather than coasting to the finish. Was pretty apparent who had the hunger the last two nights. You could even say that both SM and SC were waving the white flag midway through the second half of both games.

bballbeachbum
03-10-2009, 11:54 AM
the E N E R G Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are darn good when we express our high intensity through basketball, all together all over the court, and stay focused through whatever.

and I'll remember this feeling :)

2Zags3Pups
03-10-2009, 12:06 PM
How about my wife walking in the room mid second half against St. Mary's and asking "isn't this the championship game?" Yes, I said, to which she said "shouldn't it be closer?" That put a nice smile on my face.

BTW, what is Samhans tattoo on his chest? Looked like "Romeo" to me. Got to be kidding me if that's it.

gueastcoast
03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Micah getting called for a travel starting his move from the top of the key but tomahawking it anyway.

RenoZag
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Seeing the majesty and presence of David Libbey live and in color. . .I wanted to touch the hem of his garment. . .

dawgfather11
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
gonzaga covering both spreads easily winning me mucho dinero!

rawkmandale
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
The Downs block, swipe, dive, dribble while on his back, and timeout was the best play of the tournament. However, I was most impressed with the multiple times that Austin Daye TORE the ball away from a competing rebounder. Wow - he showed strength in his hands and a will to win the battle. That really showed me something. If both these guys keep it up, we are going to be hella difficult to beat.

I'm feeling better about Rob Sacre protecting his future, and the team still being able to tough it out, as needed, this postseason.

darkness
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
BTW, what is Samhans tattoo on his chest? Looked like "Romeo" to me. Got to be kidding me if that's it.

The tattoo on Omar's chest says 'Famous.' He got it from the clothing store based out of Ontario, CA called, 'Famous Stars and Stripes.' The 'F' looks like the company's logo, followed by 'amous.' I've seen a few pictures of him wearing their shirts and hats (I hope he is not a human advertising board, but it wouldn't surprise me, it is Omar). The tattoo which really surprises me on Omar is the tattoo on his inner lip which says 'beast' in old english lettering (his nickname).

Here is a link to the store so you can see the logo:

http://www.famoussas.com/#/store