PDA

View Full Version : What a beautiful morning!!

MontanaZag
03-10-2009, 04:00 AM
The sun isnt even up yet, but for many reasons today is going to be a great day.

Folks, what we saw the last two nights was nothing short of amazing. Its one thing to blow out 2 WCC opponents, but to do so on a neutral court under the increased pressure of tournament play was simply beautiful. Is it possible to be more proud of the way this team put it all on the floor this weekend? Every player had great moments when we needed them . . .The consistent playmaking of Bouldin, Heytvelt owning the paint NOT the three point line, Micah Downs showing what heart and senior leadership is all about, Pargo running the break to perfection and playing improved D, Austins tenacity Sunday night, Meech!!! Wow, cant wait to watch this kid play for 3 more years . . . anyway, I could go on and on as each player was terriffic. I'll quit blabbing and finish with this . .

Damn! I am proud to be a ZAG today!

Birddog
03-10-2009, 04:18 AM
I can't add anything to that, I'm feeling great too.

RomanZag
03-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Amen, Montana!

As Few said after the game, if we play like this in the Tournament we will go "really, really, really far." I think that's a "really" for each weekend of Tourney play!

Does Matt Bouldin not personify this team? He is so balanced, tough, composed, intelligent, and skilled. I love the toughness of the team of late. It is so beautiful that they lead the nation in FG% against!

I am hoping for a solid 5-seed in the West. Win two in Portland and dance on!

BobZag, keep up the good work!

Reborn
03-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Yes. I know how you feel, Montana! I woke up with a sweet smile on my face this morning. My first thoughts were, "Dang those Zags look good." I've been proud to be a Zag a long time, but I was really proud of those guys last night. They've been through a lot this year, and even more in their careers. It hasn't always been a bed of roses for these guys. I think what I am most proud of is how they've overcome so much. People really gave up on these guys but they never gave up on themselves. It's so nice to see them come together at this time of year. They are more then conquerers.

zagnut52
03-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Amen to that! I know I find myself drooling over what seed we're going to get for the Big Dance, and where we are headed........

ZagLawGrad
03-10-2009, 06:45 AM
This just could be the year we have the right momentum at the right time.....

gamagin
03-10-2009, 07:59 AM
a perfect wcc season.

Go TEAM Zags !

zag buddy
03-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I agree with you all and I'm feeling great this morning, now if I could just find a woman--

GonzagaDynasty
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I pray to GOD we can continue to play this great.... If we get beat, I want to get beat playing our best ball, by a team that is better than us. I dont want to get outplayed, out hustled, and I dont want us to beat ourselves.

What a GREAT time it is to be a Zag fan

zagnut52
03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Totally agree Dynasty!!!

McZag
03-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I read this this morning but had not a chance to respond until now...

The sun has gone down now but the winning feeling is as strong as it was last night.

Nothing beats winning.

Nothing beats being told someone is better than you and sticking it in their pie hole.

Nothing beats struggling for 30 years to get the conference tourney on a nuetral floor and then crushing the CA. schools out of the gym.

Nothing beats watching Mr. H. come into his own-a grown man after a tedious and trying career-only to dominate the WCC player of the year for the second time in as many weeks.

Nothing beats watching Matt Bouldin rise above all the criticism to become the heir apparant of Guard U's prodigies.

Nothing beats watching Coach Few take this program across another milestone demonstrating again that the best WCC basketball is only found in Spokane.

No, nothing beats being a Zag today.....