PDA

View Full Version : Nice Tourney Article - Bud Withers

caduceus
03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Seattle Times article here. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/budwithers/2008833998_withers10.html)

LAS VEGAS In the moments after Gonzaga's West Coast Conference semifinal victory Sunday night over Santa Clara, Zags assistant coach Leon Rice got a text message from his old associate on the GU staff, San Diego coach Bill Grier.

"You guys looked like the Lakers," Grier said.

Reborn
03-10-2009, 05:41 AM
I liked this quote by Few about Micah Downs winning the MVP award for the tournament and regarding how he was shipped from high school to high school and then to Kansas.

"We always preach to our guys, if you just stick with it at Gonzaga, it always ends up good here," Few said warmly. "He deserves it. This is the first place he's ever stayed. Ever."

Kiddwell
03-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Kiddwell likes all the Zags, but Micah Downs is his favorite. Micah runs like a deer, jumps like a gazelle, plays tough D. His long shot is pure.

:]

bballbeachbum
03-10-2009, 08:53 AM
"We always preach to our guys, if you just stick with it at Gonzaga, it always ends up good here," Few said warmly. "He deserves it. This is the first place he's ever stayed. Ever."

Me too. Made my eyes well just a bit, I admit.