PDA

View Full Version : All Tourney Team? (listed inside)

former1dog
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Anyone know who was selected for the All Tournament team at WCC's besides Micah Downs?

MedZag
03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
John Bryant.
Patrick Mills.
Omar Samhan.
Diamon Simpson.

former1dog
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
John Bryant.
Patrick Mills.
Omar Samhan.
Diamon Simpson.

:D

MedZag
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM

This is fun. I'm really enjoying this.

Zag 77
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Let us see. The WCC has its most important event of the year, and its website has not been updated in hours. This sort of crap is why many say the WCC is a podunk league. I guess when they saw GU was going to win both the mens and womens titles, they shut things down for the night rather than post the all-tourney team.

lothar98zag
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
John Bryant.
Patrick Mills.
Omar Samhan.
Diamon Simpson.
Don't forget Lowhorn, Pomare, & Raivio...

lothar98zag
03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Let us see. The WCC has its most important event of the year, and its website has not been updated in hours. This sort of crap is why many say the WCC is a podunk league. I guess when they saw GU was going to win both the mens and womens titles, they shut things down for the night rather than post the all-tourney team.
disagree. I think the WCC is taking many steps fwd. Streaming all non-tv games, tonight's game on westwood one radio all over the country, tourney in vegas, etc. I'll cut them some slack on the all-tourney team info. it'll come out soon enough.

TM27
03-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Downs
Pargo
Bouldin
Simpson (SMC)
Bryant (Santa Clara Upstate)

kitzbuel
03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Would have been nice if they could have streamed the post-game events. They were not available on ESPN2 and it would have been fun to see.

MedZag
03-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Would have been nice if they could have streamed the post-game events. They were not available on ESPN2 and it would have been fun to see.

Gut feeling KHQ or someone of the like will have video by tomorrow on their website.

Just_An_Old_Zag
03-09-2009, 09:10 PM
nice but leaving Josh off is just plain stupid

gonza
03-09-2009, 09:11 PM
You crazy guys, it's Pargo, Bouldin, Downs, Simpson, Bryant !!

gonza
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Compliments of Lothar
http://rushthecourt.net/2009/03/09/rtc-aftermath-wcc-tournament-finals/

lothar98zag
03-09-2009, 09:22 PM
You crazy guys, it's Pargo, Bouldin, Downs, Simpson, Bryant !!
thanks for posting it! (I skimmed the link, but didn't catch it the first time...)

Zag 77
03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Bryant to All-Tourney Team? Are they trying to justify picking him for regular season POY? They beat an overmatched team in USD and then we killed them in the semis, making Bryant look pretty ordinary. Even Samhan got more points (although mostly in garbage time) against us.

That is a mercy selection to make Santa Clara feel better.

former1dog
03-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Bryant to All-Tourney Team? Are they trying to justify picking him for regular season POY? They beat an overmatched team in USD and then we killed them in the semis, making Bryant look pretty ordinary. Even Samhan got more points (although mostly in garbage time) against us.

That is a mercy selection to make Santa Clara feel better.

Um, he averaged a double double in the tourney and set the all time tournament record with 27 boards in the quarterfinal game against USD. He single handedly outrebounded USD. And, he had 13 and 10 against us.

Anyhoo, I disagree with you.

Peace,

Bro. :)

Zag 77
03-09-2009, 09:50 PM
F1D, Please. Seriously. USD was dog doo doo by tournament time. I could have gotten a double-double on them and I am almost 54 and near-sighted. Fattening up his totals on us in garbage time does not make him all-tournament. Maybe honorable mention.:lmao:

former1dog
03-09-2009, 09:53 PM
F1D, Please. Seriously. USD was dog doo doo by tournament time. I could have gotten a double-double on them and I am almost 54 and near-sighted. Fattening up his totals on us in garbage time does not make him all-tournament. Maybe honorable mention.:lmao:

Now that I would have paid to see!

Have a good night.

ZagNut08
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
nice but leaving Josh off is just plain stupid

x2

former1dog
03-09-2009, 09:59 PM
x2

x3.... He was the leading scorer for us tonight in the championship game.

Nevtelen
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Um, he averaged a double double in the tourney and set the all time tournament record with 27 boards in the quarterfinal game against USD. He single handedly outrebounded USD. And, he had 13 and 10 against us.

Anyhoo, I disagree with you.

Peace,

Bro. :)

Agreed. You set a tourney rebounding record, you deserve to be on the all-tourney team. I think Josh was hurt by his 1-7 night yesterday. Great D, but he only scored 3 pts. That makes it tough to put him on the all-tourney team.

Zag 77
03-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I question the criteria of getting a meaningless rebounding record as justifying putting John Bryant on the All-Tournament team. I am not really making an argument in favor of Josh H, but the fact is, he pretty well neutralized the two opposing centers he played against when the game was on the line. Bryant and Samhan only got into double figure in garbage time.

As for Bryant, he beat up on a depleted 5th place team in USD. Big whoop. When the real thing was on the line in the semis, his team got squashed like a bug, and he was a non-factor.

You might have to say Bryant had to be picked by default because no other Center did much offensively in the tournament, and because you won't pick a guy at Center because of defensive prowess. Would it be heresy to have an All-Tournament team with no Center on it?