PDA

View Full Version : ----GUnit of The Game---- (St. Marys WCC Championship)

gozagswoohoo
03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Wow...there are so many great things about that game. It would take too long type them all....so I'll leave it to all of yans...

If we can keep playing like this...look out folks. I LOVE the intensity!!!

former1dog
03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I'll agree with the selection group at the WCC, Micah Downs tournament MVP and (more importantly ;) ) Micah Downs game and tournament GUnit!!

rennis
03-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Gold Medal: Josh
Silver Medal: Matt
Bronze: Micah

Platinum Medal (honorable mention): GU fans. show me another remote tourney location with that many fans (especially for size of school)

billyberu
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
It's close between Matt and Micah, but I'll go with Micah because he has been so solid the last two games. Also, the things he was doing out there on the court have no measure in terms of statistics.

gozagswoohoo
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
You can't go wrong with that former! I went with Bouldin. I really don't have much explanation, I just loved his game. He is just solid! That's all I can say about his game.

What a game though...

rennis
03-09-2009, 07:49 PM
the way Josh defended the paint in those two games was impressive. He changed a ton of shots, cleaned up plays, let the offense come to him, and played like a man. A man's man at that. Way to go man.

johnwzag
03-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I want to give it to Josh, I want to give it to Matt, I want to give it to Jeremy, I want to give it to Steven, I want to give it to Meech...

...but I got to give it to Micah Downs!

UberZagFan
03-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Bouldin for tonight. Downs for the tourney.

NotoriousZ
03-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Micah deserves the GUnit and the MVP, but I went with Josh. He had great composure with Fatham and Co all over him, there were definitely at least two charges not called. I would have voted "team" if it were an option. More specifically GUnit to the starting five, honorable mention to Meech, Gray, Foster and Ira!. Great game Zags!

kitzbuel
03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Matt was just too solid to ignore. Awesome performance. Great, great team performance.

HillBillyZag
03-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Everyone played great but I have to say Matts has taken leadership of this team now. He is the man!

johnwzag
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Bouldin for tonight. Downs for the tourney.

Why....I ought to neg rep you! LOL!

johnwzag
03-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Micah deserves the GUnit and the MVP, but I went with Josh. He had great composure with Fatham and Co all over him, there were definitely at least two charges not called. I would have voted "team" if it were an option. More specifically GUnit to the starting five, honorable mention to Meech, Gray, Foster and Ira!. Great game Zags!

I love that reasoning too. He did show he was mad once, but calmed down and made them pay with his playing. He took a real good elbow and I don't know how many over the backs too.

MotoZag
03-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Where the the "Entire Team" option for this one?

Nevtelen
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Micah for the game, Bouldin for the tourney. Both were extremely impressive throughout. Also - huge props to Pargo for playing with a apparently hurt back (I never would have known if the announcers wouldn't have said something). In fact, that has to be pretty much what 'clicking on all cylinders' looks like. A very impressive performance - lets keep it up for the NCAAs!

ZagLawGrad
03-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Tough one.

Going with Josh tonight---he had the Bad A*@ Attitude against Samahan we needed tonight, and that we'll need for the Dance.

But MB and Micah? -----hat's off to them...Both were awesome

Reborn
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Great game for the Zags. Great team play. Six guys in double figures. Josh had 17 on 7-10 shooting (most in the second half). Matt with the precisiion passion of a surgeon with 8 assists and 14 pts, and Micah with a double-duble, with 12 boards (10 in first half).

I got to go with Micah, but barely. Micah is unbelievable lately and is really making a difference. Also Meech and Gray off the bench with 11 and 10 )gray hits two three's). JUst an absolutely great offensive game.

2wiceright
03-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Tough one.

Going with Josh tonight---he had the Bad A*@ Attitude against Samahan we needed tonight, and that we'll need for the Dance.

But MB and Micah? -----hat's off to them...Both were awesome

My thoughts to a 'T'!!!.....Josh

JeffyJeff
03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Sad to not see an option for the "Team" tonight - was that 6 players in double figures???? That was as balanced and dangerous an attack as I've ever seen from GU, with smothering man defense. Getting hot at just the right time, gang!

23dpg
03-09-2009, 09:55 PM
My vote is for team defense.

Ole Roy
03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Matt for the game & the tourney and next years leadership.

jim77
03-10-2009, 01:43 AM
the way Josh defended the paint in those two games was impressive. He changed a ton of shots, cleaned up plays, let the offense come to him, and played like a man. A man's man at that. Way to go man.

Agreed.

We more than held our own on the boards and Josh's play is a big part of that.....Micah's too.

Josh G-unit

Birddog
03-10-2009, 04:34 AM
This is like having to pick a favorite child. I went with Matt for tonight, but Downs was definitely MVP of the Tournament.

Gozags2
03-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Matt! Another solid game, made his teammates better.

bballbeachbum
03-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Everybody showed up. Guys dominated their assignments...oh man I love seeing that! And our bench kicked some butt last night.

I like 23dpg's Team D, I could vote for that.

But it was EVERYBODY baby!

TEAM!!!

hockeyzag
03-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Matt Matt Matt, Downs is a great pick for MVP but Matt was so darn good I'm going to have to pick him.

7 Assists both nights! Anyone wanna argue whether or not he has the skills of a point guard. Geez the guy has the skills to play any position he wants! Loved that the commentators had so many nice things to say about him last night.

IrishZagFan
03-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Matt Bouldin was solid, I like that kid a lot!

zaguarxj
03-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Matt, what a floor leader! No wait, Micah for the hustle, boards and timely points. No! no! I mean Josh!!! Way to bring the lunch-bucket and put in a solid game against St. Marys' supposedly superior front-line.

SWZag
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Micah for certain! He got the party train rollin'!

Is he the missing link for a Final Four?

SWZag

TheZagPhish
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
It's tough, no doubt.

Matt.

Much respect to everyone else on the team, especially Micah.

Wow, I am in a good mood today!

Ziggy
03-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I voted for Josh in the poll. Great post presence, just what we needed.

But here in the comments I want to commend THE TEAM for it's demonstration of "Basketball Poetry". It was a beautiful thing to watch!!!
Encore! Encore! :clap: :clap:

zagnut52
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Heck, I agree is was ALL OF THEM, but it was good to see a couple REALLY step it up another notch or two, Downs and Bouldin stand out, but like I said, they ALL stepped it up!!!

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Micah Downs. MB played well too, but MD played WAY better than usual.

Final4Zag
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Maybe not appropriate, but I'd like to vote for Patti Mills for GUnit. I think it would have been alot closer game without him.

RenoZag
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
JH.

HM to Meech; he was really fun to watch !