PDA

View Full Version : That Was a Rout, Folks

FuManShoes
03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
ESPN says he got caught dunking in warmups

thibaulm
03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
just about to come on here and post that myself. what an idiot!

bouldin has 2 easy points.

zagfan08
03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Don't see that called very often. Wow.

pdine
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Stupid rule...

zag944
03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Samhan being a complete moron is hardly news.

freezer12
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Samhan being a complete moron is hardly news.

Dave Libbey making that type of call is hardly news.

Nevtelen
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll take the point, but that is the most idiotic thing to do before a championship game. Warn the kid first. It's the championship. Sheesh. Up 13 at the half, though - doubt it'll matter.

zag944
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
he cant let Omar steal the show!

englishzag
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
If ever there was a year that GU should have played UW this is the year. Both programs deserved this and most especially both sets of fans deserved it.

AZCATS55
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
This kid is a great ballplayer, but does he ever stop complaining on the court? I have watched about five full Gonzaga games this year. I have found the zags fun to watch after the Dec. 14th game vs. arizona, and in every game Daye cries after he doesn't get a call, misses a shot, turns the ball over, or any other situation where he does wrong and then tries to shift blame away from himself. He reminds me of Jerryd Bayless last year, crying to the refs after every call that didn't go his way.

Currently watching conference title game vs. St. Mary's, and have seen daye complaining two times within two minutes. Like I said, great ballplayer, but this kid needs to mature a bit before he thinks about the league.

Anyway, good luck in the NCAA tourney. Zags playing well right now, they're a fun team to watch.

rennis
03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
If ever there was a year that GU should have played UW this is the year. Both programs deserved this and most especially both sets of fans deserved it.

the season aint over yet. ;)

BilboZaggins
03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Seriously. 0-3. Completely dominated in the championship game.

Still better.

FuManShoes
03-09-2009, 06:49 PM
HAH. Love it. Obviously the Gaels were feeling charitable tonight and just wanted to show that they are not unsportsmanlike thugs like those dastardly Zags who charge on every possession and leap over backs for rebounds and dunk in warmups and schedule games just to showcase a much-hyped player. ..... Oh.

brian_sun
03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Granted Patty Mills isn't 100%, but even with a 110% Patty Mills, the outcome wouldn't have be any different. 26-5 with this schedule is pretty good. The Zags are clicking on all cylinders. The only concern is the 10 day lay off between now and the tourney. 4th seed in Portland or Boise sounds about right, depending on all those BCS conference tournies. It's too bad that my Dawgs won't see you guys until the Elite 8, because I think the Dawgs will definitely get a 3 seed or better. St Mary looks loss with Mills, they better pick it up quick, or else, they'd be out of the tourney quick.

brian_sun
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
the season aint over yet. ;)

I think it's going to be tough for the 2 teams to play. The Zags is a 4 seed, and the Dawgs are going to be a 3 seed or better. That means the 2 teams won't meet until the elite 8, and both teams will have to get over the No. 1 and No. 2 seed. That's pretty tough to do.

BobZag
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Yes it was.

BobZag
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Tainted! ;)

ZagLawGrad
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
sniffing a 4 seed after that one---good job Zags, really good job

GamblingZag
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey now, they had to play with three different teams this year. One with Patty Mills, one without Patty mills, and one ... um ...

gamagin
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
smc is better at WHAT ?

Go TEAM Zags !

mendiant
03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah, three different teams so many looks...

Puleeeze

SteeleMan
03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Indeed, Bob. Clicking on all cylinders. Great to see. Looks like the boys are having fun as well.

brian_sun
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Congrats on a perfect 16-0 WCC season. This Zag team has the potential to go the furtherest of any Mark Few's team in the tourney, all depends on the match up (no UNC, Memphis or Pitt before the elite 8). They should think about the Robert Sacre red shirt decision because if there is one thing the Zags might need in the tourney, it might be the inside presence of Robert Sacre.

snebzag
Done and Done and Done.

Bardo missed one cliche' Mills-Non factor.

Total domination. Time for all doubters to SHUT UP!

IowaZag
I haven't had as much fun watching the Zags since Ammo was in school. These last two games showed the team at their best -- playing lights-out and having fun to boot. If that spirit carries over to next week, they'll be playing ball in April.

Rangerzag
Yes it was.

Just a good old fashioned butt kickin' :)

MotoZag
03-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Not a one man show by any means. This game is a highlight reel in itself. And man did Goodson show a glimpse of what's waiting the next 3 years for us all.

As a side note, I feel pretty bad for Mills. Obviously he wasn't ready to be on the court yet. His hand may be healed, but you don't make up 5+ weeks of shooting practice in a few days. He even babied his hands when he hit the deck a few times. I'm still hoping SMC can win a first-rounder, because it only helps WCC stock.

rennis
03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
smc is better at WHAT ?

Go TEAM Zags !

Well said J!

utter domination over the last 3 weeks of the season and into the post season. This is the best a Gonzaga team has played down the stretch since...since...since. 1999.

werd son.

Just_An_Old_Zag
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
got to appreciate the fact that Mr. Olympic Stud...realizing his shot wasnt there decided to help his team win by passing up shots...oh wait my bad that didnt happen...

think his comments before the game were bulletin board material :)

ZagMan in Philly
03-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Josh posterized Omar, love it!

http://www.thesunnews.com/621/story/813484.html

johnwzag
03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Just a good old fashioned butt kickin' :)

:D

Reborn
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I think the Zags will be higher seed then the Huskies. The Huskies miss the finals in the Pac 10 tournament and end up a #4 seed. Gonzags, too everyone's surprise get's a #3 seed after their showing in the WCC tournament. You got to admit. THE ZAGS LOOKED PRETTY DARN GOOD. :)

TrueLiz
03-09-2009, 09:18 PM
This was absolutely amazing! I was lucky enough to sit in the 2nd row under the hoop for all 7 games (didn't think I could go this year, realized I could last Wed & went online at the right time as Orleans had just released some great seats at regular price that would have been the pricey ones), and experiencing this game was amazing! Even the corporate types like the 4 Andre Agassi Foundation guys in the front row, were amazed watching this game, and they weren't cheering for anyone. Random Vegas area college ball fan sitting by me for all 7 of the games was really impressed watching Zags in person too. So they definitely impressed non-fans too!

Security guy that we chatted with a lot enjoyed the Portland fans when he had to watch their section on Saturday, but overall, said the Gonzaga fans were the nicest, so he was cheering for Gonzaga tonight (this after standing by the Gaels fans Sunday - guess they weren't as much fun).

Oh, and most important - one of the Orleans Arena guys who runs the video portion of the place, said that "torego" mascot was scary & the Wave never did anything, but the Lion that looked like a werewolf was cool (werewolf? Huh), and that dog Spike was the best mascot he'd ever seen there in terms of involvement with all the people. That was before Spike was crowd surfing today too. Go Spike!!

Salsageek
03-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Somebody should send this link to Fatham's myspace page.

Josh posterized Omar, love it!

http://www.thesunnews.com/621/story/813484.html

Reborn
03-10-2009, 05:46 AM
THANKS, TrueLiz for the post. I love reading about the game from people who were there. It just brings it all home for me. I loved your personal stories. Thanks.