PDA

View Full Version : dave libbey

SteeleMan
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
nice call. man, i hate that guy. surprised he didn't call s a foul on oden on the last shot.

sittingon50
03-22-2007, 11:09 PM
nice call. man, i hate that guy. surprised he didn't call s a foul on oden on the last shot.

I thought the same thing Steele. Big Dave made both of the last 2 foul calls; I couldn't believe he passed up the opportunity to put a guy on the line with no time on the clock!

ZaginLaw
03-23-2007, 04:54 AM
He wanted to ref another tourney game sometime in his lifetime. Even he knows you don't put an opponent of The Ohio State University on the line with no time left with a chance to win or tie if you want to continue your career.

If a mid-major had the lead and OSU was driving - he'd have called a foul.

former1dog
03-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Didn't watch the game, but would be curious to know if Libbey called the 3 first half fouls on Oden.

Would not surprise me. Dave likes to be the center of attention and that sure would have put him there.

BobZag
03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I like Libbey. Didn't used to. But the last 4 years he has been good.

gmo
03-23-2007, 10:03 AM
I have watched way too much of him being a fan of the WCC and the Pac-10. As many have stated, he puts himself before the game and the players in my opinion. Great officials are hardly noticed, they just don't stand out for good reason.

mdZag23
03-23-2007, 10:15 AM
he's getting these high profile games based on his evaluations of the games he is officiating. Which means, he is perceived to be doing a very good overall job of officiating these games.

Asotin
03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
BZ that is funny because I liked Libby better 4 years ago when he was doing mostly WCC games. Now that he is doing more Pac-10 and especially WSU games my hatred is growing. Coincidence?

BobZag
03-23-2007, 02:08 PM
He's been doing a great job for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a Final Four official this year. Bad officials aren't assigned FF games.

zaguarxj
03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
He's been doing a great job for quite a while. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a Final Four official this year. Bad officials aren't assigned FF games.

Is this more of that reverse-mojo stuff you're known for?

dawgman1999
03-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I am sorry, but Ogden had a tremendous block in that play. If he were call a foul, it'd be on Mike Conley Jr. Ogden flew over from no where and made a great play. If he called a foul on Ogden on that play, it'd be the biggest injustice in the world and you would NEVER hear the end of it from the OSU fans.

It was a clean block, UT's players certainly didn't raise any issues of it. It was one of the best defensive plays I've seen this year, given the magnitude of the game, the timing and the situation in which the block took place.

ZagNick
03-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Libbey is terrible...cost us NCAA berth in 1996 with phantom call against Portland....loves to be the center of attention....makes calls just to get noticed.....thinks the game is about him...has his own website and video....good officials are very seldom noticed....