• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

"St. Mary's is better than Gonzaga."

-Every college basketball analyst in the country, from ESPN to your local yokel sports talk show host.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • IrishZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
    -Every college basketball analyst in the country, from ESPN to your local yokel sports talk show host.
    We're doomed!
    IZF
    Keep out of the Foo, unless you know what you are fooing.......

Comment

• gamagin
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

yeah, and blonde's have more fun, but

at what ?

Go Team Zags !
      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• zag944
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

theyve had a funny way of proving it.

Comment

• GoZAGsMang
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

They are not better than the Zags I saw play yesterday

They are not better than the Zags I saw play yesterday.

They are not better than the Zags team that beat them the first time.

They are not better than the Zags team that beat them the second time.

They are not better than the Zags that didnt lose a conference game.

GoZAGsMang

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Actually, they are helping GU. We are playing with a chip on our shoulder finally. I like St. Mary's. Theyre a very good team, and I hope they get in the NCAA. I think they will. I expect a real war tonight, and it's going to be fun to watch. This is the kind of game the Zags need to get ready for their first NCAA game. I think Gonzaga is playing very good basketball right night, and they've gotten better each game after as the season has progressed. The Zags did not peak early this year, and I think they are just exactly where they need to be right now. They are just getting better each game. I really liked the way the played last night. Their offense is now looking so cohesive, and fluid. It's like an fine oiled machine running on all cylinders.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• zag944
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

that extra game against Eastern befuddles me.

What's that saying to your players? Setting up a resume boosting contingency plan can't isntill confidence...

Comment

They might be right

But the people that make a living at predicting these games have Gonzaga by 7...

Comment

• former1dog
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

What if St. Mary's wins tonight? (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN) Will they cancel the game with Eastern?

Comment

• coolhandzag
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Feb 2007

“And if HE were here, he'd consume the Zags with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.” Would this be Patty Mills playing in the WCC Tournament? No, that was a really cool Mel Gibson movie. Remember the scene where you got all amped up and felt like running out in the parking to kick anyone’s ass? If you listened to the pundits knocking up the princess is the next thing you would expect Mills to do.

Actually, the second Patty Mills enters a game the scoreboard immediately clicks over an additional 101 points for St. Mary’s. No, that doesn’t happen either.

Let’s take a look at the box score. Mills played 35 min, shot 3-12 (2-9 from 3 and 4-7 free throws).
                    Yea, I know, Mills has this huge scar on his hand. Look, if you’re playing, you’re playing. If Mills’ injury is that sever I would consider his appearance on the court poor judgment at best. His appearance may be motivated in a perceived weak NBA draft for guards this year.

Mills is a good player and I would like to have him on the Zags, but outside of the first half at K2 Mills has not proved himself to be more than 33% (47/142) 3 point shooter for 08-09. Last night was conformation of that injury or not.

I remember a fellow Aussie, Shane Heal, would throw up some pretty good number against the Dream Team in 92 and 96. No one wanted to canonize him.

St. Mary’s better than Gonzaga? That Zags played last night with a chip on their shoulder and rolled BIG. Perhaps playing so because of the snubs for the season ending awards, I don’t know. What I do know is this. If the Zags come our firing like they were last night, this game will be over early.

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by zag944 View Post
                      that extra game against Eastern befuddles me.

What's that saying to your players? Setting up a resume boosting contingency plan can't isntill confidence...
                      IMO it's less about "resume" than about game-speed workout for Patty in case of an at-large bid.
                      History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2008

I hate listening to national talking heads who think they can speak intelligently about WCC basketball when they've watched two games all year (the GU/SMC 1 and GU/Memphis are the only games I ever hear talked about). No one who watched both the semi-final games last night could possibly think that the Gaels are the team to beat tonight. End of story.
                        What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• johnwzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                          They were not sounding that way last night. I even heard the words "final four caliber" again concerning Gonzaga. Still others praising Patty who is a poor shooter and no where near as good of a point guard as Jeremey.

Numbers don't lie. If St. Mary's is giong to beat us, we have to let them do it in the paint. I don't see that happening.
                          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• Colbyspapa
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Jan 2008

Bardo

Said point blank, "St. Mary's is better than Gonzaga." On the telecast last night. Lavin and Gannon think we are final four caliber but Bardo seems to feel we are second best in our conference, which we won by 4 games!

Comment

• zagfan07
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
                              IMO it's less about "resume" than about game-speed workout for Patty in case of an at-large bid.
                              What if St. Mary's loses that game with Eastern? That would be an interesting twist...
                              GU Class of '07

Comment

Working...
                              X