PDA

View Full Version : Let The Championship Game Begin & Put to Rest All this Mills talk

Ezag
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I am looking forward to this championship game and putting to rest all the talk that we should have lost both our games against SMC because Mills wasn't in there.

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I am looking forward to this championship game and putting to rest all the talk that we should have lost both our games against SMC because Mills wasn't in there.

Amen

Akzag
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Agreed.

(still, when they lose ... I still hope they get an invite ... )

brian_sun
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM

I don't know, it'd be the second game since his injury. And he doesn't seem to be 100% tonight. I don't know if you beat SMC tomorrow that it means that much. I still think SMC is one of the top 3 teams in the west coast when Mills is 100%, along with UW and GU.

MDABE80
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
It won't. Specifically because of what Brian says above. "He's not in shape", "he's still hurt", "Doesn't settle the issue of the past 2 games with SMC", etc. Contrariwise, if SMC wins, it'll be something like " See.Patty's just THAT good.it proves the point" ,etc. Nothing will settle what might have happened.....not even what DID happen.

Let's just beat em and move on.

TM27
03-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Interesting to see the line tomorrow...but IMO this will be a bad line (an easy win). I will take the zags to cover for any spread less than 10 (and the line should be below that). SMC was playing their best game of the year before the "injury". You had a career 34-35% 3pt fg shooter going 6-8, coupled with a ton of missed bunnies by GU, and yet the difference in the "blowout" was 6 pts.

GU wins going away tomorrow....close till halftime...on the flip side do you bet the house against a top 5 NBA pick?

GonzagaLove
03-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Mills didn't look too injured to me last night. What team doesn't have a guy or two with a nagging injury? I hope/pray we shove it down St. Mary's throats tonight.

zagmantis2001
03-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Get used to the Mills saga. It makes for a good story and ESPN is going to push it--just like they have pushed GU in the past. Almost every broadcast on ESPN yesterday talking about bubble teams had some mention of St. Mary's, Mills, the hand, RPI and whether they get in if they lose the title game. When Mills was on the sidelines, they had him on air for extended periods of time. Its a good story, and we are all sick of it, which is exactly how other WCC fans probably get sick of hearing about GU.

Their SOS is 179 or something with an RPI of 50. If they lose tonight, I just don't see St. Mary's getting an at large bid, even if they play EWU next week.

former1dog
03-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Their SOS is 179 or something with an RPI of 50. If they lose tonight, I just don't see St. Mary's getting an at large bid, even if they play EWU next week.

+ 1 , St. Mary's WILL NOT DANCE.

Bennett should have scheduled a tougher non conference schedule.

gu03alum
03-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Smc = Cbi

JLGutrocks
03-09-2009, 07:57 AM
The line is -7. The o/u is 138. look here (http://www.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline_ncaab.html).

I'll take the over.

LMUZAG
03-09-2009, 08:14 AM
I predict this win will be tainted.

gamagin
03-09-2009, 08:23 AM
the Poor Clares, it won't matter what the talking heads try to sell as the story.

The story will be the team and the team effort. No one player on either side can overcome that kind of game.

Go team Zags !

former1dog
03-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Mills is as quick as a water bug and will have an impact on the game whether his shot is falling or not.

The impact won't affect the final result though. We still win going away.

Reborn
03-09-2009, 09:21 AM
I like Mills and I like St. Mary's. I wanted to play them tonight because it'll be a great game, and the kind the Zags need to prepare for the NCAA tournament. I don't blame either Mills nor St. Mary's for all the crazy hype that ESPN has been creating. It's good for the game I think, and I think it motivates the Zags. The game will be played on the court tonight, and we've all waited for it. I think both teams will get into the NCAA because they both deserve to be in it. Mills will be much better by next Thursday believe me, and I think they get at least one win in the NCAA tournament.

The Zags are equally motivated. I think the Zags have more to prove then St. Mary's does. Everyone already knows the Gaels are better than the Zags, so we have nothing to lose. The Zags are fighting for seeding. They want to stay on the West Coast, and that is very important to them. They know what happens when they lose in the finals.

Robzagnut
03-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Lose - lose situation for the Zags.

If they win, it's because Mills wasn't 100%.

If they lose, it's we told you so.

bballbeachbum
03-09-2009, 11:13 AM
...team and the team effort. No one player on either side can overcome that kind of game.

Go team Zags !

Yaahhhoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominate the assignment in front of you, the play in front of you, all together, whatever it is!

GO TEAM ZAGS!!!

CDC84
03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Lose - lose situation for the Zags.

If they win, it's because Mills wasn't 100%.

If they lose, it's we told you so.

The sums it up quite well.

Areyoukiddingme
03-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I have butterfly's in my belly

lothar98zag
03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
+ 1 , St. Mary's WILL NOT DANCE.

Bennett should have scheduled a tougher non conference schedule.
f1d, you shouldn't be so sure of yourself that with a loss tonight they don't dance.