PDA

View Full Version : Heytvelt - Brought the toughness tonight

ZagAddict
03-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Heytvelt brought the toughness against SCU and Bryant tonight. I absolutely loved his approach to the game. He never stopped battling Bryant and preventing him from getting positioning on the offensive end. He REALLY focused on the defensive end of the court tonight... and let the GU horses do what they do on the offensive end of the court. If Heytvelt brings this approach and toughness to every game, we can be a very dangerous team.

:cheers: to Heytvelt tonight

Oregon Zag
03-08-2009, 08:39 PM
I agree. He fought hard the entire game. I am very proud of him. Keep the focus, Josh!

former1dog
03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Although in the end the foul calls favored Gonzaga big time, I hated the job they did on the inside when calling the game between Heytvelt and Bryant. Bryant has a nasty habit of making space with his elbows into the mid section of his defender, and as I told my wife, "That's a ####ing foul!"

To his credit, Josh just kept right on playing hard and kept his composure. I didn't sitting on my couch at home.

bballbeachbum
03-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Saw the same thing. Loved it too. Executed a key to the gameplan in that.

:agreed:

GO ZAGS!!!

TacomaZAG
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
by Josh tonight, did exactly what he needed to do to maximize his contribution to the win.

Go ZAGS

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
You can just feel that Josh in going to go out with a bang to close his college career.

IdahoZagFan
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
JJ - we really enjoyed the game tonight! We're cheering for you! GO ZAGS!

JLGutrocks
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
nice on the kajones Josh. You were the difference.

kitzbuel
03-09-2009, 03:32 AM
I have to say congrats to Bryant on a great career at SCU, but Josh killed SCU last night. Josh flat out decided it was his mission to take Bryant out of the game and he made it happen. Great determination and toughness on Josh's part.

Zagsker
03-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Josh's game last night is a perfect example of how well rounded we are....he has a low scoring out put...never really even a hint of a threat on the O end....and we still DOMINATED. Josh early on figured out he was going to be more of an impact on D and he was OK with that. Great attitude by Josh and frankly by the entire Zag team....last night was one of the best games they have played all year

zagnut52
03-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Its good to see the big guy playing up to his potential, that we all know is there! Keep it up Josh!!!!!

EngineerZag
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Josh and AD both played tough last night on D and rebounding, something I've been wishing for most of the year. I was so happy to see them ripping rebounds down with a vengeance and hustling for loose balls. Great, great effort last night from the whole team!