PDA

View Full Version : Nice showing, Zags!

FuManShoes
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Way to come out on a mission and take care of business. No hangover! Leave it all on the floor tomorrow night. I have a feeling the shots won't come so easy, but the defense is solid and should stay solid.

MedZag
03-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Things I liked about this game:
-Pargo's intense face. I haven't seen it since the UConn game, but when he hit that 3 from the corner then hit the second from the top of the key, in the timeout the scowl was back baby!

-Josh's focus. The announcers picked up on this one, but Josh was will D'ing up Bryant and looking for his spots when we stretched the lead to 30. Great to see.

-Downs. As I said in another thread, seeing him spotting up his man at the halfcourt line and seeking the ball like a bloodhound made ME want to get out there and play defense.

-Austin taking it into the lane and banging down low. Well, don't know if you can qualify anything Austin does as "banging," but he sought out contact tonight. And wouldn't you know, the rest of his game started clicking when he did.

-Foster continuing to post relevant minutes.

-Matt 'WD40' Bouldin.

Birddog
03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Matt 'WD40' Bouldin.
I recognize the intent of the announcers, but that was a terrible analogy. WD40 is mostly solvent, very little lubricant.

Reborn
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Outstanding showing, with great focus and effort. We outrebounded them 31-25. I like that. We only had 10 turnovers. They had 22. We had 20 assists. They had 10. We played our up-tempo game and this is how we play best. Great game plan by Mark Few. I think we had 13 three pointers, which you know I like.:D

I thought Austin and Micah were huge. Great game for both of them. They showed we they can do. Josh did a great job on Bryant. He did NOT get his double double. 13-9.

Austin played the way I thought he would play all year. It was so nice to see him play with so much confidence. They didn't have a guy who could guard him tonight. He was executing all his moves very nicely. I'm anxious to see him tomorrow against Simpson. I think Austin is ready for the BIG GAME.

GoZAGsMang
03-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Great Game!!!

GoZAGsMang

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Great balance. Unselfish play. Trajectory is upward, not downward. Good time for that.

IdahoZagFan
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
That was a great team effort! The ZAGS came out strong and never looked back! Josh did super defensive work tonight! Micah was on fire! Jeremy hit three's! Austin had a terrific game! Matt was solid! Steven, Will, Ira and Andrew gave valuable minutes!

Keep it up, ZAGS!!! We're rooting for you!

roxdoc
03-09-2009, 07:46 AM
When they are in sync and play with confidence, WOW, don't they look good!

Keep the focus guys for 7 more games:D

GO ZAGS!

kitzbuel
03-09-2009, 07:52 AM
I loved the one play where Gray lost control of the ball driving the lane and kind of pushed the ball to Pargo on the perimeter baseline. Downs instantly saw he was in position to screen Trasolini and yelled at Pargo to shoot.