• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upan8th
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Zebra trouble...

One of the handicapping sites I visit mentioned, in an aside this morning, that they were not releasing opinions of the SCU-Gonzaga contest because, gulp!, Davy Libby was spotted walking the Orleans court this morning and is apparently scheduled to work either GU's game or the SMC game. The handicapper said he would release his opinion only after determining which game Libby would officiate due to Libby's well known proclivity "to draw attention to himself and affect, with his calls, the outcome of games." Wow!
  • NotoriousZ
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Is this true? It's amazing if it is. If any of Libby's friends (doubtful) or family sees this, please forward it to him. He should know that he's destroying the game.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• MotoZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2009

Just a quick reference to some of his blown calls.

Comment

• Spike94
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

That article is full of crap. The charge that is referenced in Oregon was a block. No doubt. Saw the play. And instead of the article saying that he makes these calls so that he is the main attention, it is called "making the big call" Just pure crap.

Comment

• gamagin
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I'd rather read that this guy

takes no crap from anyone, but his calls hold up. Or they don't. I only read that he makes the tough calls.

If the calls themselves don't pass some smell test, or review, that's one thing. If they do, that's another matter.

I like it best when our games do not come down to any ref's call.

Go Zags !
          Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
          Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
          Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• GU69
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Libby is a strange guy.

He seems to like to make weird (inappropriate/wrong) calls at critical times, and he seems to favor the visiting team.

Almost all fans (of all teams) think he is horrible. But the people who hire him must like him because he seems to get the big games.

I prefer not to have him reffing GU games because he sometimes takes the game away from the players.

Comment

• Akzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Batsell, Burkhart and Hicks listed as the officials for our game this evening
              So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Stache
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Nov 2007

Scared

He is the quickest T in college ball. When almost everyone wants to see a game decided by players, he is intent to inject himself unnecessarily. The foul called on a screen between Arizona and ASU turned a tight end of a game scenario into a gimme for the visitor. He not only blew the whistle where there was absolutely no call, he then followed it with a technical on the Arizona bench to effectively end the game

He is overly aggressive in just making the call - seeming to show up the players - and he almost invites player, coach, and fan reaction with his angry demonstrations. Its embarassing.

Its true that both teams are subjected to him, but its a shame that either has to be. Just watch - at least a string of calls coming that leave you feeling like he wants to be mentioned by name.

Comment

• gamagin
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

69/stache

this guy sounds like an egocentric.

wonder why he gets the big game calls ?

That would drive me nuts, too, having this kind of factor mess up a game like you describe.

Go Zags !
                  Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                  Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                  Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                  X